Recent content by homeboy

1. H

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

There seems to be no info available what the actual graphics chip on the motherboard is, but at least the Fujitsu documentation states following about the supported resolutions: "up to 1600x1200 or 1920x1080 at 16bpp". The display works just like a normal main display output for the server. The...
  2. H

For solving this challenge, there is fairly cheap adapters available from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002524532424.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005748682030.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000195992627.html At least reading through the reviews these seem...
  3. H

Doing a little bit of research, I found this article: How to check if RAM is running in ECC mode? One tip was to check reported data width. So I first checked what iRCM detailed system XML report had about that: It indeed reports 72 (instead of 64) which should indicate ECC. Second, I...
  4. H

This is what I can see in the iRMC. No mention of ECC?
  5. H

Was able to get my TX1320 M2 project forward. The hunt of a VGA display was successful, one of my friends had actually a CRT monitor still in storage. Oh the nostalgy :) Resetted the iRMC and enabled the full S4 features with the instructions available at Fujitsu iRMC S4 License | «WatchMySys»...
  6. H

I also finally got the memory. My plan was to try to reconfigure this totally headless, but unfortunately the received server probably has some configuration left over that has disabled the iRMC functionality. What I can see connecting the management port it does have a statically configured IP...
  7. H

Mixed up months and weeks above, but I think it is still understandable :) In any case, my data in the NAS is going to be fairly static (personal photos, small business paperwork archive, etc), so now looking at the endurance figures for even the lower end consumer devices, it seems highly...
  8. H

It is easy if you have the parallel hardware. It's a bit nuisance if you don't. I plan to have cloud backups but I would not willingly create a situation where the only remaining copy of my data is in one place in cloud only. Even if it is temporary. It will also take some time to transfer...
  9. H

Thanks for confirming the integrated controller setup. No plans to go with mechanical disks. I've decided to go all in with the SSD only approach. That is also why I decided that I'm not looking at cases with 3.5" slots. The local reseller which I bought this from, also had the larger case...
  10. H

Thanks for confirming this. I might still be skipping the separate controller for my use case, in case I can just connect the 4 x backplate directly to the MB and that works without issues. I think that the MB controller also contains some RAID functionality, do you Albert know any details of...
  11. H

Thanks Tom for your input. The EP400I is containing LSI SAS 3018 chip and I could find some info about it. Whether this Fujitsu can be reflashed with something smarter, don't really know. To be honest my understanding before today was that IT/JBOD mode is basically the same as HBA mode, but I...
  12. H

Thanks everyone for providing a lot of info here regarding this hardware. I got interested to buid a NAS setup around this small size server and found from a local dealer a Primergy TX1320 M2 server with Xeon E3 1230v5 processor, no memory and 4x300GB SAS drives. I did not need the SAS drives as...