Recent content by homeadm

1. H

Guide on SS (not S2D) PS commands for mirror accelerated parity?

No script, it's just 3 commands. Since my tests indicated, that in multiple drive configuration, mirror is much slower on reads than parity, I decided to dedicate only 200 GB to mirror, and remaining 10+ TB to parity. Here are my commands: New-Storagetier -StoragePoolFriendlyname "Storage Space...
  2. H

I started up my "production" SS in mirror-accelerated-parity mode. I am evaluating it since yesterday. So far, so good. Performance indicates that all writes land to mirror section, then are moved in background to parity. GUI doesn't seem to support this animal, hence the strange information.
  3. H

No, but I have to do this work this week - I ran out of space on my old array. I have hard drives mounted and wired. I'm still scratching my head on exactly what commands I should use to create mirror-accelerated-parity S.Space, and how to diagnose if it's working as expected. Since most of...
  4. H

Hello everyone! I would like to create mirror accelerated parity SS (not S2D) under Server 2016, from a bunch of HDDs (no SSDs). I'm evaluating this configuration under VM. It looks very strange: PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-storagetier -friendlyname r1 ObjectId ...