Recent content by hmartin

1. hmartin

Intel X710-DA2 for OCP for USD 7.99

Just buy the 560FLR-SFP+, it's the same 82599 chipset, and use the FlexLOM to PCIe adapters that are all over eBay. You can even do your own if you JLBPCB the adapter.
  2. hmartin

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

No, sorry, I sold them all. Updated my post to reflect this.
  3. hmartin

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

No, the command line is a standard embedded Linux command line (busybox sh). The firmware does not implement any switch configuration interface from vendors like Cisco, HP, 3com, Ruckus, <insert vendor here> etc. Cisco use the click modular router for their Meraki products, for which there is no...
  4. hmartin

No guide exists, you must be comfortable using the command line as no management UI exists yet. The firmware is not based on OpenWrt, OpenWrt support requires that the platform is supported by mainline Linux, which is not the case for the vcoreiii used in the MS220 series. There are guides on...
  5. hmartin

Installation instructions are here
  6. hmartin

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Main_specifications https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_Port#Main_specifications The initial revisions of HDMI and DisplayPort offered 3.96Gbit/s and 8.64Gbit/s of data transfer in 2002 and 2006, respectively. Current revisions of HDMI (2.1) and DisplayPort...
  7. hmartin

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

If anyone in the EU wants a Quanta Windmill board for free (you pay shipping from France) let me know. I have one and I'm looking to be rid of it.
  8. hmartin

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Have you tried the BIOS password generator for Dell? No affiliation, but I know it works for some of their laptop models: BIOS Master Password Generator for Laptops Background on Dell's BIOS password shenanigans: Dell 1D3B
  9. hmartin

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Would someone with an ICX7150 mind helping me out? Commscope are asking for the following to complete my GPL request: (Feel free to DM me if you'd rather not disclose your serial number in public. Also, I can just use serial numbers obtained elsewhere, I really just need the software/firmware...
  10. hmartin

Thanks, I emailed them. Linux 4.4 is significantly newer than the 3.18 kernel I received from another vendor using the BCM56160 in their switch.
  11. hmartin

I looked on sourceforge for the Linux 4.4 source that the release notes for FastIron 08.0.95 (PDF) mention, but I can't find it. Specifically, the switch is running: Has anyone requested the kernel source code from Arris/Ruckus/Commscope?
  12. hmartin

$25 - Netgear GS308E Managed switch

You can often find the HP 1810-8G for $25-$30 on eBay. The 1810-8G can be PoE powered from port 1. It only has web UI management (no SSH/cli), but it's HP ProCurve with a real lifetime warranty. If you want a small managed switch, I'd choose HP ProCurve over Netgear any day.
  13. hmartin

$149 - XPG GAMMIX S70 1TB PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe - 7400/5500MB/s

Do you have a newsletter for all these good deals you find? :p
  14. hmartin

ICX7150 for repair?

If your PoE needs are light, you might look into the MA-PWR-90WAC and MA-PWR-100WAC power supplies for Meraki equipment. They can usually be found quite inexpensively. The UMEC UP1501D-54 is the 54V 150W PSU found inside the MS220-8P, but it's harder to find.