Recent content by hmartin

1. hmartin

$25 - Netgear GS308E Managed switch

You can often find the HP 1810-8G for $25-$30 on eBay. The 1810-8G can be PoE powered from port 1. It only has web UI management (no SSH/cli), but it's HP ProCurve with a real lifetime warranty. If you want a small managed switch, I'd choose HP ProCurve over Netgear any day.
  2. hmartin

$149 - XPG GAMMIX S70 1TB PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe - 7400/5500MB/s

Do you have a newsletter for all these good deals you find? :p
  3. hmartin

ICX7150 for repair?

If your PoE needs are light, you might look into the MA-PWR-90WAC and MA-PWR-100WAC power supplies for Meraki equipment. They can usually be found quite inexpensively. The UMEC UP1501D-54 is the 54V 150W PSU found inside the MS220-8P, but it's harder to find.
  4. hmartin

UK (UK) Need a 12U cabinet!

You might want to check out Thomann, though typically their cabinets are 40cm deep (half depth). Millenium SR-2012 Thomann Rack Case 12U
  5. hmartin

[Worldwide][FS] Samsung SSD 1TB

Where are they shipped from? For example, if it is outside the EU, the buyer will be obligated to pay VAT/duties on the shipment, which significantly changes how attractive the deal is.
  6. hmartin

EU WTB: Cisco Meraki MS120 switch

Not sure how to mark this as resolved, but I've acquired an MS120-24.
  7. hmartin

EU FS: Motherboards, power supplies, networking, laptops, and some free stuff!

Alright I want this shit gone. Price dropped on the OCP motherboard and Intel server. Anything else you want, DM me an offer.
  8. hmartin

EXPIRED Meraki MR52 29,90€ (gone)

It arrived and I can confirm it's functionally an MR32 in a weather sealed enclosure. Mine seems somewhat flaky, sometimes it just stays with a red LED with no output on UART and doesn't boot :confused: Unfortunately the firmware is too new to use the reset button method mentioned in the...
  9. hmartin

Haven't heard anything from the seller despite paying on Monday... :confused:
  10. hmartin

There's a German seller with the MR72, which appears to be the outdoor variant of the MR32 (?). Shipping to Germany only, payment only via SEPA transfer. Anyway, you know the drill by now, there are 5 remaining. Edit: Looks like it's broadcom based so OpenWrt support might not be possible.
  11. hmartin

EU Rackable NM46X 12-LFF chassis 60€ BO

Yes, exactly this.
  12. hmartin

I built an ATX->Fujitsu 12V power adapter. The Fujitsu PSU pinout isn't a state secret or anything. (I would consider selling these if there's any interest) The I2C connection to the PSUs is not required and as far as I know is only used for workstations with redundant hot-swap PSUs. Since...
  13. hmartin

Sweet little Mini ITX MB combo

I found a good deal ($48.99; bare board) on one of these in 2015 for a friend. They've been using an i5-2500 in it since then. Rock solid board, I really recommend it. Word to the wise though, the USB2 front-panel headers are using a smaller pitch than normal. I used 2.0mm female to 2.54mm male...
  14. hmartin

There is no port multiplier in the ASM1166, it's a native 6 port SATA3 design. The PCIe upstream bandwidth is limited, so you cannot achieve 6Gbps to all 6 devices (even with PCIe Gen 3). No issues so far. Yes, this is what I did. I have the crimp tool for molex connectors, so I crimped...