Recent content by hlidskialf

1. hlidskialf

Ruckus R600 Wireless ZoneFlex Access Points - $69 each volume available.

Damn, you are making it VERY hard not to spend money I shouldn't!
  2. hlidskialf

Ruckus R600 Wireless ZoneFlex Access Points - $69 each volume available.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ruckus-R600-Wireless-ZoneFlex-Access-Points-VOLUME-AVAILABLE/264796087449?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 Popped up on my search. I've had my eyes on upgrading the home but I can't justify the cost right now. Since it's the cheapest I've seen...
  3. hlidskialf

Supermicro X9DRL-iF + CPUs + 64GB RAM - $100

Damn, I was too slow. *whew* :)
  4. hlidskialf

Upgrade itch from E5-2670 v1

So I pulled the trigger on a X10SRM-F, paired with an E5-1650v3. Added 4x16GB DDR4 and a 1TB NVMe M2 drive. (Even got the board and ram locally, no duty fees!) Just looking for a heatsink. Any recommendations besides the Noctura? (Not against them, just looking for variety.)
  5. hlidskialf

I appreciate the pointing but that would be problematic I think. Doesn't ship to Canada (Passport is expired so even a border hop to another address wouldn't work.) I don't need the chassis, and I understand that Dell/HP get rather propitiatory with their hardware and I prefer to whitebox my...
  6. hlidskialf

After a likely embarrassing amount of research into cost/power/need I've decided to go with an E5-1650 and a SM x10sra-f board. (I'd love if there was a model with onboard sfp+ but searches for a -tp variant comes up nil for me.) Now to keep scouring eBay for a good deal or one of their coupon...
  7. hlidskialf

I'm looking into that. Hoping to find a good used board/cpu or other combo. Anyone else have another suggestion or is this the best "go to"?
  8. hlidskialf

Going DDR4 and separate node, I'm thinking 64GB would give me a nice amount of headroom. I have 128GB on my current-soon-to-be-secondary system and that will take any offload needed.
  9. hlidskialf

Money's not exactly tight, but if we didn't check purchases with each other it would be. For something like this I actually have to work some overtime to pay for it as regular funds cover the bills and the extra could go to home improvements or a trip or something. So in effect, our spouse is...
  10. hlidskialf

Greetings all. So, I had planned on adding another small system to my rack that would be a Nextcloud/Emby server and a cluster backup for Proxmox which I use on my primary system. However, my current system is one of the dual E5-2670v1 SRoK on an Intel S2600CP2 that was so popular a few years...
  11. hlidskialf

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Oh, I had. The rest of it went smoothly thanks to this thread here and the vid by ViciousXUSMC. I'm moving over from using a Mikrotik CRS326, and the flavour of the Aruba is delightful. I've been a long time Mikrotik fan, and still use one of their routers, but compared to the Aruba they just...
  12. hlidskialf

Got it. (Easy fix btw.) I'm running openssh and while acsxxx ciphers are recognized, they are not enabled by default. You need to edit the /etc/ssh/ssh_config and uncomment out the line allowing those ciphers. Thanks so much! (I swear the more I learn the more networking intimidates me.)
  13. hlidskialf

Alright, that's a little above my head. I'm trying to connect from an Arch install and had ssh installed ages ago when I set it up. I'll do some snooping and see what sense I can make of that. Cheers!
  14. hlidskialf

I've got mine configured and can access via my browser. However, I can't get a ssh session to start in order to CLI the stacking ports into regular. Any tips? Attempts to ssh in as either root or admin give me: Unable to negotiate with 192.168.88.250 port 22: no matching cipher found. Their...