Recent content by henryn

1. H

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Thanks mangodoc. Regardless, it's great info to me that your 7024 can do all those. I may try asking my seller if he can just swap my Delta Broadcom 7040 with a DNI 7024.
  2. H

Wow! I'm assuming that the Dell OS gives it that functionality? I may try loading it if that's the case. One thing that's not clear to me is that your sysinfo shows what seems to be active connection, e.g. only 4 10Gb interfaces but the unit has 24. Mine shows all 24 ports as 10Gb. What does...
  3. H

I was aware that he has an LB6M. What I didn't know was the RJ45 ports on that model are only 1Gb. That's interesting. I assumed all these models are the same since they have the same OS. I think the Dell 8024F is also like the Delta, 10Gb only on all ports. Man, if the LB6M could do auto-neg...
  4. H

That is the default config from factory. If you want to save a config you can type 'write memory' or 'reload' if you want to revert a unit back to factory settings. If by gigabit ports you mean the 4X RJ45 ports, I've a feeling these are also 10Gb ports in RJ45 form factor and they're not...
  5. H

Ok, found my answer. The unit has 24 SFP+ and 4 RJ45 combo ports. The RJ45 ports only support 10Gb links, it doesn't support 1Gb links. The eBay listing shows "4x RJ-45 1000Base-T (100Mb/1G)" however, this is false. Below is the show sysinfo output. Delta Broadcom 10GbE 24-Port SFP+ 4x1GbE L3...
  6. H

I looked at the available settings but still couldn't figure it out. For those who own this model (Delta Broadcom ET-DT7040), are you able to use the RJ45 ports with no problems or initial configuration?
  7. H

Kartoff and Mangodoc, thanks for the input. I tried all 10Gb ports on the switch and confirmed that they're passing traffic, that's good. It's just the RJ45 ports that is the issue. What's odd is if I use the same cable on the pic, and attach it to the OOB ServicePort at the back, set the...
  8. H

The replacement Delta Broadcom ET-DT7040 arrived and I confirmed that the 10GB SFP ports work. I now want to use one of the 4 RJ45 ports and connect it to our gigabit switch to use as extension. I tried it but no traffic was passing, I'm using a CAT6 cable. Do I need to configure them to work...
  9. H

They're the same switch, just different branding I think. With the default Delta software, you can transfer via tftp, scp or ftp. I will RMA the switch that I received since all methods I tried failed to even activate the ports. Hopefully the replacement will be problem free.
  10. H

That's great news. I have the same exact switch but I haven't been able to use it yet since none of the ports seems to be active. I've already tried doing a factory reset. I may look into getting the Dell firmware installed. I just need to know if a straight firmware dump can be achieved without...
  11. H

After a little more research I think what I really want is to set up one of the 1Gb ports to be a trunk that will be connected to another switch. How do I achieve this?
  12. H

I connected the management port (labeled out-of-band) to our existing switch and set it to dhcp, it was able to get an IP from our dhcp server. I can ssh to it within the network. What I want to do now is make this an extension switch. However, if I connect a device to any port regardles 10GB or...
  13. H

I was able to connect to the console using the Macbook and running show version gives the output below. How do I switch the Interface Status to Up? (FASTPATH Routing) #show network Interface Status............................... Down IP Address..................................... 0.0.0.0...
  14. H

No worries! I'm hoping the console connection will help me identify the issue.
  15. H

Turns out what we have is a Delta Broadcom 10Gbe switch which has the same OS and is similar to the Quanta. The four gigabit ports on the right (which I used) should be management ports. The console port is at the back. Delta Broadcom 10GbE 24-Port SFP+ 4x1GbE L3 Switch ET-DT7040 - Quanta LB6M...