Recent content by Henrik Lykke Jespersen

1. H

NAS build - 32 disk custom cabinet. Freenas.

@all reg vibrations. The disks rests on a strip of 2mm rubber, which is enough to aborb the vibrations produced. Also, polycarbonate is also fairly good at absorbing vibrations, compared to aluminium and steel for example.
  2. H

@Tooms It's easy peasy. The disks are simply connected with a 8643 to 4x 8482 cable, making it very easy to simply lift the disk, and pull the 8482-connector. And that's hotplug, so no need to shut down the NAS. :-)
  3. H

@cesmith9999 Well, not other option in the house. The garage gets too cold in the winter. I'm NOT setting up all this gear in my office... :) Been having all my hardware in the laundry room for the past 2,5 years without any issues at all - being it dust, heat or anything else. It's dry, not...
  4. H

Thanks for the nice comments and input - much appreciated! :-) I've had similar concerns in the beginning; @T_Minus and @am4593. Let's take it from the top: 1) Vibration. Not an issue at all - new washingmachine - hardly rocks anything. The dryer is old, but makes not vibration either. Also...
  5. H

Build’s Name: nas01 Operating System/ Storage Platform: FreeNAS 11.2 CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4620 @ 3.70GHz (4 cores) Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X11SSL-F Chassis: Custom. 5mm polycarbonate. Made to fit specific dimensions. Drives: 16 WD Red 3TB, 4 Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSDs, 4 Seagate...