Recent content by h0schi

1. h0schi

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I love this little piece of hardware. I'm running a HP T620 with 8GB RAM, 240 GB Intel M2 SSD and a Mellanox Connect X3 with Sophos XG Home without any problems :)
  2. h0schi

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

I´ve tested some scenarios on OPNsense with a HP T620 and i changed to Sophos XG Home. For now i´m glad with my decision :)
  3. h0schi

Maybe this can help to speed up our boxes, @frauhottelmann https://teklager.se/en/knowledge-base/opnsense-performance-optimization/
  4. h0schi

The results are better now :) This thin clients with AMD GX-CPU / platforms are very efficient and cheap. I will change to OPNsense and will leave the Unifi-universe. I can not understand how a Unifi UDM-Pro with a Quad ARM Cortex-A57 (1.7 GHz) CPU can handle an IPS-throughput of 3,5 GB/s ...
  5. h0schi

I knew that IPS is hungry, but 50 % of the whole bandwight is heavy :oops: How high was the CPU-load during these tests ? I also ordered a HP T620, this thin-client got a 500 Mhz faster CPU (AMD GX-420CA), but the results should be similar to your benchmark. Thx for your tests. If you bechmark...
  6. h0schi

Thx for your help, @frauhottelmann :) Good question - i got no experience with OPNsense, yet. The Futro 920 will my first try with it. Maybe you can try to activate Sensei or Suricata for the test. - Intrusion Prevention System — OPNsense documentation - Sensei: Overview — OPNsense documentation
  7. h0schi

Nice build, @frauhottelmann ! :) I was wondering that the DeLock Riser fits without any problems. The original Fujitsu riser looks like a bit heigher. I ordered a Kalea-riser (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B018KEM1GI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - i hope the riser will...
  8. h0schi

HGST Niagara v4.3

I tried it with Ubuntu and with another HBA. No chance, my SSDs are locked by firmware. I tried to reflash the actually firmware via HUGO, but it also not working :(
  9. h0schi

HGST Niagara v4.3

Can you tell me how do you recognize the SED-lock ? Do you can‘t format disk and can not save files on the drives ? Maybe a SED-lock is also the reason for my SAS3 speed configuration ?
  10. h0schi

HGST Niagara v4.3

Me too. It doesn‘t work / niagara do not run ubuntu. Maybe i will try v20.04. I will try the manual of @vintagehardware this weekend. A guide will be sweet
  11. h0schi

DEAD: HGST SSD1600MM - HUSMM1640ASS201 - 400GB US $47.95 OBO

I give this a last try with linux ;)
  12. h0schi

HGST Niagara v4.3

I will try it the next days with CentOS and the linux-version of Niagara
  13. h0schi

Thx for your help. Tried it, tried it in x86, tried it in x64, tried another backplane. No chance, my devices seems to be locked by firmware.
  14. h0schi

Not yet. Can you tell me the command fot these changes ?
  15. h0schi

That`s the reason why i think that`s the actually IBM branded firmware locked this option