Recent content by h0schi

1. h0schi

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

i tried to „shrink“ my Kingston DC1500M, but without success - no chance to fit it in. Smaller bolts for reducing the height, also not working. I ordered a PM9A3 now.
  2. h0schi

Die anybody know which connector will fit here ? Is that a Micro PH (2,0 mm) ?
  3. h0schi

I‘ve tested it and it runs without problems, but i switched to proxmox, because i do not want to disable any cores or thinking about core affinity. https://williamlam.com/2024/02/esxi-on-minisforum-ms-01.html...
  4. h0schi

SSDs are using the SATA interface. U.2 drives uses PCIe lanes. You can not use SSDs in the U.2 slot.
  5. h0schi

https://www.servethehome.com/how-to-pass-through-pcie-nics-with-proxmox-ve-on-intel-and-amd/
  6. h0schi

From my personal perspective. It is nice to have it all homelab-stuff on one little box, but it is better to have additional / seperate low powered box for the network-routing stuff. Homelabs are often not static - you want to test something, patch, rebooting proxmox … If you lost the routing...
  7. h0schi

thanks for the response. i will check it today. I will send you an PN :)
  8. h0schi

It’s a bit offtopic, but did anybody successfully passthrough a port of the onboard X710 and a PCIe-NIC to a proxmox VM ? I can only passthrough one PCIe-device to VM. The ACS override in the kernel is set.
  9. h0schi

I used two WD Red SN700 500GB (ZFS Stripe) on proxmox at the moment. No problems for now.
  10. h0schi

Same here. Received mine MS-01 via Anazon last week. BIOS 1.22 was already installed.
  11. h0schi

maybe you need to modify the kernel-options of proxmox. i got the same problems with my i350-T4. https://www.servethehome.com/how-to-pass-through-pcie-nics-with-proxmox-ve-on-intel-and-amd/ additional you need to add „pcie_acs_override=downstream, multifunction“ in GRUB or Systemd
  12. h0schi

Did anybody make some experience with limiting the PL1 and PL2 in BIOS ?
  13. h0schi

Can you tell me something about the power consumption and noise ? it should be a bit lower than the i9-version, hm ?
  14. h0schi

Did anyboy tested the i5-12600H ? I ordered the i5-version, but they will ship it end of may (if it is true) … On the other hand the i9-version is available via amazon and it ca be arrived in 2-3 days … hard to decide :rolleyes: