Recent content by gyrex

1. G

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

It appears those settings are for running pfSense/FreeBSD on bare metal - shouldn't be an issue here since it's a completely different kernel to Proxmox/Linux kernels. The issues we're discussing are related to Proxmox/Linux based kernels which appear to have an issue with KVM/QEMU in the kernel.
  2. G

These settings made no difference to me or others as demonstrated in the Proxmox forums. It's not a temperature issue either since my box was running at a solid 40-45C after repasting the CPU and setting the CPU governor to powersave on Proxmox.
  3. G

It was guests hanging. Lots of info here: VM freezes irregularly pfSense was more stable than Linux variants but still inevitably froze. I used the recommended Proxmox settings recommended by pfSense (BIOS, not UEFI): pfSense® software Configuration Recipes — Virtualizing with Proxmox® VE |...
  4. G

Buyer protection at Aliexpress isn't great either :) I don't rely on their dispute process anymore. I typically head straight to my credit card company and file a dispute there which gets resolved within a week and typically in my favour as long as sufficient evidence is provided.
  5. G

What's the buying experience of Taobao like compared to Aliexpress? Anything to watch out for?
  6. G

Interesting. Have you ever had freezes? What OSs are you running on your VMs? Data like this is useful in narrowing down the issue with the N5105.
  7. G

Yes. An update for anyone who was wondering about the stability on ESXi - rock solid. There's an obvious issue with the Proxmox kernel with the N5105 CPU. This is the exact same VM which I migrated over from Proxmox and it was freezing multiple times per day on Proxmox.
  8. G

qemu-img convert -f raw /dev/mapper/<disk-id> -O vmdk <exported filename.vmdk>
  9. G

Here's a link to the ESXi 7.0U3f ISO with the community NIC drivers built-in and supports the i225 NICs: ESXi-7.0U3f-20036589-nic_only.iso
  10. G

You need to build an ISO using the community NIC drivers - Community Networking Driver for ESXi. I'll upload an image I've built which includes these. I used their recommended settings and it made no difference. Both pfSense and my Ubuntu VM froze irrespective of any settings on the Prox host...
  11. G

My pfSense VM ran for a week or more without freezing but then inevitably froze up. My Ubuntu VM running Docker tended to freeze more often. I've documented these issues with some verbosity over at the Proxmox forums if you'd like to have a look. Also feel free to check out the bugzilla reports...
  12. G

I'm reading this thread with interest because I bought a WooYi N5105 unit: 135.34US $ 45% OFF|Intel Celeron N5105/n5095 Soft Router Fanless Mini Pc 4x Intel I225 2.5g Lan Hdmi Dp Pfsense Firewall Appliance Esxi Aes-ni - Barebone & Mini Pc - AliExpress I've had no end of issues running Proxmox...
  13. G

Can you please explain this in more detail? The only country listed is China and there's no option to select anything else.