Recent content by GW2

1. G

ESXI TrueNAS Core 13 VM, at my whit's end

I seemed to have more luck 6.7, once I went to 7 it was horribly unstable with TrueNAS. TrueNAS is kind of hard to troubleshoot because documentation is lacking and it has a small approved hardware list and requires knowledge of BSD/Unix to troubleshoot at all. It is built to sell their...
  2. G

What version of ESXi btw?
  3. G

Can I ask what NIC are you using physical I found that TrueNAS really seems to care if your NIC is not intel, even if its virtualized.
  4. G

I didn't even fully solve it in the end, I ended up just installing Truenas Core on the hardware directly and now have no problems, but I understand some people will not want to do that, for me it's just a home server, so was really not a big deal, and I only had 1 other VM because truenas...
  5. G

Sorry to bump this again but I was getting slowdown after prolonged file transfer down to 10MB/sec over a 5 gig link from my workstation, I went back to passthrough as this is the only machine that needs 10G anyway, and its working flawlessly for many hours of copying now, ranging in speeds from...
  6. G

Okay, so the issue the whole time was indeed the NIC. I also changed it to boot BIOS instead of UEFI but I am not convinced that had anything to do with it tbh, I will reinstall and test on UEFI now as I think it's knowing. (I did it and it works on UEFI too so it was the NIC 100%) Aquantia...
  7. G

1. have not tried ssh/scp, i do not use linux, or ssh, or scp or nfs for anything in my environment, it's a home lab 2. Don't have or use any linux or freebsd anywhere else, just trying to setup truenas core 3. I made a new ZFS pool using the same drives on both HBAs (one at a time), on separate...
  8. G

No VLANS at all, flat 192.168.1.1/24 network, all systems on the same switch, only a virtual NIC is passed though, does the TrueNAS Core NIC need to be physical?
  9. G

I have run ESXI on this server for years, never had an issue with any other VM but I'm all windows, so not used to other things so much. I had this H710 passed through to my plex server because it was not compatible with ESXI, but I needed it for the shelf to connect. which was originally 15x...
  10. G

Hi all, I will try to keep this brief so you don't get bored but get all the info you need in here Hardware Server: Dell T410 CPU: 2x E5-2450 v2 (8C 16T 2.5GHz) Memory: 192GB DDR3 1600 MHz (12 x 16GB) RAID Controller: Dell PERC H710P (used for VM Storage, truenas OS drive is stored...