Recent content by guyman

1. G

Dell R720 with no post

Yes, those jumpers are there, tried a few different orders of them to reset idrac password before realizing its the bios password. Seems the default configuration is with them alternating which is interesting as well. Now THIS is interesting, I had never heard of this. I will be investigating...
  2. G

Dell R720 with no post

Hey, a few months back I took a chance on a $40 R720 that was listed as not working, brought it home and booted it up. It would get to this screen then no further (left it for a few hours). Did all the regular troubleshooting steps, reset CMOS using jumpers, reset battery, replaced battery...
  3. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hmm, that sucks, oh well. Maybe the new fans will shed a few watts. Wonder if the power supply isnt the most efficient either...
  4. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hello, was scrolling through this thread a bit and decided to pull the trigger on a 6450-24p (and ended with an extra free 6610-24p). Highly appreciative of all the great information here along with the licencing option. Followed the guide and got my 6450 working beautifully, only concern is...
  5. G

LSI 9285-8e with ZFS?

Well, as it turns out, I updated the firmware on the raid card and now it only works in windows, so I cannot use it anyway. I have a chinese ASM1062 sata card that I can use for now, and I will look into buying a proper HBA to transfer to later.
  6. G

LSI 9285-8e with ZFS?

Is there anything I can do to get IT mode-like features without buying a different card? If not, am I better off avoiding zfs to avoid issues with a weird setup with raid0s?
  7. G

LSI 9285-8e with ZFS?

I was interested in setting up a zfs pool, and I got a LSI 9285-8e for free. I was looking how to flash it into IT mode but it seems that it isn't possible with this card? I saw someone recommend just making each drive have its own raid0 so that the card exposes all my drives to the OS, but...