Recent content by gsrfan01

1. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Based on the breakdown of the switches, it looks like you need the ICX6610 to do BGP.
  2. G

Rebooting a bunch makes sense, I know my modem won't hand out an IP to another MAC address without a reboot. For what it's worth, I think OPNsense is a bit better virtualized and you can get various tools like XCP-NG's and VMware's as packages. Might be worth looking into if you're not sold on...
  3. G

I had the dual-mode config typed out but noticed you have that already. They looks like it should probably be working.
  4. G

That'd depend on the modem, here's the SB8200 config, looks like it's LACP. You'd want to tag your 10g port as well, something like vlan 10 tag eth 1/3/1 That would get your WAN link online for PFsense. It looks like your LAN is untagged, are you intending to have the WAN/LAN share the same...
  5. G

ICX6610 QSFP+ Issues

Side note of an update - I'm thinking I'll just order another ICX6610 and stack them using the breakout ports. It looks like that ought to be possible based on chatter in the main Brocade thread. If anyone's done that before, a code snippet would be great. I did order a 40g breakout cable to...
  6. G

In that case it sounds like ix0.10 is VLAN10 on the WAN port, so you'd want to do a vlan 10 tag eth 1/1/47 to 1/1/48 to add those to VLAN 10. A VLAN is a virtual LAN, like carving out ports on the switch. Anything in VLAN10 would be on the same layer 2 network as your modem, but only devices...
  7. G

You'd have to pipe that traffic somewhere, I assumed the 10g port uplinks to a PFsense box / VM or something of that nature which would actually route. Depending on what you're using for a firewall and how it's setup will change if it's tagged or untagged.
  8. G

Does it support LACP? If so, probably something like this: #Create lag LAG "WAN" dynamic id 1 ports eth 1/1/47 to 48 primary-port 1/1/47 deploy #Create VLAN 1003 for WAN vlan 1003 name "WAN" #Set modem ports to untag untag eth 1/1/47 to 48 #Tag ports to 10g tag eth 1/3/8
  9. G

Tossed this in its own thread but realized I should probably of just just it here.. Snagged an ICX6610 last year due to the popular thread here and my passing familiarity with them at a previous job. I'm using all but 1 of my 10g SFP+ ports up front, so when I bought another pair of ESXi nodes...
  10. G

ICX6610 QSFP+ Issues

Snagged an ICX6610 last year due to the popular thread here and my passing familiarity with them at a previous job. I'm using all but 1 of my 10g SFP+ ports up front, so when I bought another pair of ESXi nodes I wanted to use one of the QSFP+ breakout ports on the rear, but I'm running into...