Recent content by gsrcrxsi

1. G

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

I have bifurcation settings added on my X9DAi with the latest v3.3 BIOS, but I can't make heads or tails of the settings in the BIOS vs. what the hardware actually has. the board: the BIOS: I was trying an AOC-SLG3-2M2 in the top-most x8 slot, which is labelled "CPU2 Slot6" on the board...
  2. G

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

on which board? X9DRi-F? or X9DRi-LN4F+? I have an -LN4F+ (v1.20) and just updated the BIOS, it looks like all the options are there. even the x8 slots can be broken to x4/x4. but I also have an X9DRi-F, X9DRX+-F, X9DAE, and X9DAi. It would be nice if I could enable bifuraction on any of...
  3. G

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

I assume you can see this in the BIOS? to check if a board you have on hand is or will be affected? the "good" stepping is C0? whats the bad stepping? anything else?
  4. G

Are these (HPE) modules RDIMM or UDIMM?

yeah post a pic of the other side to be sure. if there's an IC in the center that's not like the other RAM chips, then Registered for sure.
  5. G

Where do the Supermicro yellow HDD trays come from? (eBay auctions)

I've seen some SM cases come from govt auctions like this also. Just weird that I can't find out where they come from.
  6. G

Where do the Supermicro yellow HDD trays come from? (eBay auctions)

So I see a lot of these SM cases on ebay, and several of them have yellow release tabs on the HDD trays. every SM case i've seen that was all original has a more burgundy color HDD tray release tab. example: SuperMicro 4U CSE-846 24 Bay SAS2 BP w/ X9DRi-F/2x 2x E5-2620 16GB 9266-8i | eBay...
  7. G

any PCIe x4 SFP+ NICs?

I'd like to add a 10Gb NIC to my main desktop. The motherboard is an EVGA z370 micro in a micro ATX chassis (4 I/O exp slots). My GPU takes more than 2 slots and obstructs the second x16 slot. but I do have a 3.0 x4 slot in the bottom slot. x4 should be enough to run a single 10Gb link (I only...
  8. G

Cisco Meraki MS22, good 10Gbe switch?

Or what about the Mikrotik CSS326-24G-2S+RM? About $150 on eBay. And cheaper on amazon.
  9. G

So basically this is my setup and this is what I want. I have Fios, and the ONT box is in the basement, the internet line runs up through the floor to my router (netgear R6700v2) in my office. the router directly serves my main desktop/workstation and my test bench in the same room. then a...
  10. G

Thanks for the info. I the documentation I saw was a document that covered both the 42 and 22 and I didn’t see that one had different SFP ports. The licensing sucks also. Can you recommend something else around this price range? I don’t need a L3 switch, but would like a Webgui to manage things...
  11. G

Is this not 10Gbe? SCRATCHES Cisco Meraki MS22 24 Port GigE Switch 600-20010 Unclaimed | eBay The listing says gige but the documentation for that model says it’s got 4x SFP+ 10Gbe ports There’s another 48port POE model (MS42P) on eBay for $150 that directly says is 10g. But I really don’t...
  12. G

The ebay listing states it is unclaimed. I have read about that since that is a new one for me also, but *should* unclaimed. but claiming/unclaiming aside, I'm just wondering if this switch is worth it at ~$100 and if the SFP+ ports can be used to connect individual systems, or only connect to...
  13. G

I’ve been looking for an affordable rackmount 10Gb switch to get my feet wet. I currently have an SG200-18. I have no need for PoE at this time. I’m seeing these Cisco Meraki switches on eBay and wondering if they are worth the ~$100 they are going for? I’m looking specifically at the 24-port...
  14. G

Looking for a SM chassis 2U with full-height PCIe expansion and takes ATX motherboard

I was looking at that case. Seems a bit pricey though and would mean I have to change some things. What PSU did you use?
  15. G

Looking for a SM chassis 2U with full-height PCIe expansion and takes ATX motherboard

cool, I'll look into that. I just said ATX to get an idea of general options. I have an X9DAi now, but not necessarily opposed to downsizing to an ATX case if I had to. I just didn't want to be stuck in proprietary-ville. my card is only 10" long. so that's fine. combine UPS/PDU, maybe, but I...