Recent content by gogusrl

1. G

SAS SSD Data Recovery Company Recommendation

I'm in EU but I have no problem sending the drive overseas. Backups are available but are pretty old because stupidity. To be honest, 1000 Eur to get this data back would be more than reasonable. Gillware quoted me $1000-$6000USD but while others say they're the best I did find some negative...
  2. G

SAS SSD Data Recovery Company Recommendation

I have a Raid 1 of dead SSD's from this bug Dell & HPE Issue Updates to Fix 40K Hour Runtime Flaw in Enterprise SSDs . Looking for the best recovery company to help with this if anyone bumped into something like this.
  3. G

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

Got my hands on a LSI 9240-8i HBA and I can't get the motherboard to see it. No detection at boot, no ctrl+h/i menu, no nothing. It works on a Dell desktop without problems so the card is ok.
  4. G

finally got mine online almost a year later. pics be here : Homelab - Album on Imgur Does anyone know how to monitor temperatures through esxi or Intel ME ? I've seen some references about a monitoring API in the motherboard manual as well but I couldn't figure out exactly what that meant.
  5. G

Did these come with an i/o shield ? I can't find my shield but now I realize I'm not sure they came with one.
  6. G

Thanks for the link, can you show me some pics of how you mounted the hsf ?
  7. G

what did you swap the cooler with ? I've ordered this case (wanna throw some 3.5" hdds and I need the room) so there's should be enough space for a bigger cpu cooler as well. PowerCube 712 | Computer Cases | Products | Spire Corp - Powered by Innovation
  8. G

After fiddling with it for a few hours I found the problem. I unplugged the keyboard (a Fujitsu usb) and the mouse (logitech wireless) during install. Everything worked perfectly after. anyone knows if it's possible to get temperature info in ESXI ? I see no sensors in the Health Tab.
  9. G

finally got around to booting mine, got a i5-2520m and 16gb of ram but I can't install ESXI. 5.5 and 6.0 crash with "Can't detect the last level cache" and 5.1 reboots mid setup.
  10. G

Anyone knows where I can find a list of all compatible i5/i7 4c 8t V-Pro + VT-d enabled processors ? Intel's website sucks. edit : figured it out. ARK | Processor Feature Filter edit 2 : more aimb-272 for sale => Advantech Aimb 272 Main Board | eBay
  11. G

I found an I7 3612QM very cheap (~100$) but I haven't received my board yet so I'm not sure if it will work. Did anyone use a 3xxx series cpu on these boards ? Entz, glad to hear you solved your problem. So your problem was the clear cmos jumper ?
  12. G

So the specs on the 272 say it supports 8gb max but that guy is selling one with 16gb. Anyone who got their board already can confirm it works with a 8gb so-dimm ? I'm also interested in what cases you guys are using for them.
  13. G

Wow, didn't even notice he had 2 types of boards for sale (270 and 272). I bought the 272 so the i5-2520m should work.
  14. G

They'd better since I bought just the board from this guy and a i5-2520m.
  15. G

more i3 kits Advantech Aimb 270 A1 Main Board W Intel I3 AND 8GB RAM | eBay