Recent content by glitch452

1. G

Best boot and vm drive configuration for Proxmox

> The fun thing about Proxmox is that a fresh install only takes minutes. So plan on installing it and breaking it a few times until you get it just the way you like. That's half the fun of having a home lab. I Love this ❤️
  2. G

Best rack mount case with support for 24 drives

Yeah, it's wild. Especially the 24 bay, probably because it's more flexible for the actual computer space. The prices on the 36 bay are much more reasonable... would be great for a JBOD!
  3. G

Best boot and vm drive configuration for Proxmox

Hi Everyone, I’m putting together a new home-lab build and I want to try out Proxmox VE for the first time. I’m looking for some advice on storage configurations for the boot drive and a drive to run the VMs from. What is your preferred configuration? Do you use NVMe or SATA SSDs for both...
  4. G

Hey everyone, Thanks of much for the responses. Just to close the loop on this, I've decided to look out for a decent deal on a CSE-846 chassis, seems like the perfect fit for what I want to accomplish :)
  5. G

Thanks, I've been looking into the CSE-846 too (got similar recommendations elsewhere), unfortunately they are a bit pricey on eBay right now, and not too many options (most are for the CSE-847, 36 bay version with less space for components). I'll keep checking eBay though to see if a deal pops...
  6. G

Hi Everyone, I’m looking for some input on a home-lab server case. Here are the features I’m looking for: Rack Mount (Probably 4U) 24 Hot-Swappable 3.5” Drive Bays Backplane with support for SATA (II or III) (Maybe SAS 12G) that adapts to Mini-SAS HD (SFF-8643) connectors ATX Power Supply...