Recent content by gjvanderheiden

1. G

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

@userrr I've got something very simular: A Fujitsu S920 with opnsense CPU: GX-424CC NIC: Fujitsu quad NIC, I340. Tested it and it ran around 950Mbit on local little test setup. I have the tunables on and run with simple firewall rules. Sure you ran iperf3 with the -R option? I didn't and...
  2. G

@neuralreticulator that is the module and screw. I just removed it, because I thought it would give me less trouble. You can leave it and take it out if it causes you trouble. Don’t be afraid to undo a screw. Besides, it is on it’s own plastic thingy. Bottom line: just try. Bit first goal is to...
  3. G

Yes, that worked for me. It whistles all kinds of happy beeps. Mine came with an external speaker for extra effect. When the update is done, it makes longer beeps or something. Don't know exactly, because my son was very excited with his new VR thing and was making noise :) I disconnected...
  4. G

@neuralreticulator Mine didn't give any signal either, it just beeped. No matter what I tried with the DDR memory. I updated the firmware, with the default settings and that fixed it. See post #43. Post #43 is how I found this site with a google search. In order to know the CPU type I had to...
  5. G

I would suspect the fault to be in 3 main categories: 1 Electronics fault on the main board or NIC board Could be a faulty one. Because it quits working after a while, I suspect it has got something to do with the little machine getting warm. When electronics has a fault and gets warm / hot, the...