Recent content by Gio

1. G

Intel AMT / vPro - are older gen CPUs locked to older firmwares with buggy KVM?

OK this confirms that chipset locks you down to a specific version of intel AMT. So even if newer software updates or features come out for say AMT v16 (say its meteor lake) that older hw will stay in v14 or whatever track they are on.
  2. G

I didn't think it would make a difference but holy cow, this is the reason. The only USB port that works with pikvm on this HP 800 G6 is the front right USB port (closest to POWER led). Thank you for the pro tip
  3. G

I purchased a HP 800 G6 i5-10500 with vPro and have been messing around with it using Meshcentral/Meshcommander and finding a lot of problems getting the remote .iso mount to boot and let me install any OS. Are these issues common and expected? Running latest HP bios and intel ME firmwares v14...
  4. G

Unifi USW-Enterprise8 SFP+ to RJ45 transceiver performance issues one way traffic?

Hey folks; has anyone heard of Unifi issues with SFP+ to RJ45 transceivers where only one direction of traffic is impacted by performance issues? I'm observing poor performance in what seems to be one direction of traffic. My network setup - USW-Enterprise8 with SFP+ to RJ45 to interconnect to...
  5. G

Anyone try to "upgrade" the CPU in HP EliteDesk 800 g6?

Are there ways to modify the BIOS or in linux/unraid lower the TDP of my 10500 to the lower tdp of the "T" version?
  6. G

Anyone try to "upgrade" the CPU in HP EliteDesk 800 g6?

I'm curious if anyone has done or been successful at upgrading the original CPU of their HP 800 g6 with a different one (either a 65w to 35w swap, or even a newer generation upgrade)? Mine has the 10500 65w CPU and I am curious if I could possibly get a 11500T or another 35w cpu in there to...
  7. G

vPro remote management, alternatives to MeshCommander (ideally multi-os or web)?

I'm late jumping in on the vPro/AMT bandwagon but looks like MeshCommander is abandoned now and the download links lead you to 404s. I was still able to find a download link in reddit somewhere BUT as anything abandoned it is just a matter of time when MeshCommander stops working. Are you guys...
  8. G

Does the HP flexio V2 10GB Ethernet NIC 56Q71AA do multi-gig (2.5g)?

Thanks! I decided to take the risk and buy the 10Gb not knowing if it would do multi-gig. This is me from the future coming back to confirm the NIC does negotiate 2.5Gb to my switch, I don't have any 5Gb port to test other speeds. The downside? On my HP 800 G6 this NIC is not vPro eligible...
  9. G

HP 800 G6 BIOS password reset

I purchased a mini off ebay for my homelab and it came with its BIOS locked. I have tried multiple ways to force reset the password (there is no motherboard pin to set unlike older generations): How to Reset BIOS Password on a HP Laptop (Probook, Elitebook or Pavilion) I also have a CH341a BIOS...
  10. G

Does the HP flexio V2 10GB Ethernet NIC 56Q71AA do multi-gig (2.5g)?

Curious if the 56Q71AA does 2.5GB ethernet too if no 10GB uplink is available? or does it downgrade to 1Gbps
  11. G

Did I get a good deal? $650 for two HP 800 10th and 12th gen

I'm upgrading the homelab and was able to get the following for $650 + tax. 1 x HP 800 G6 i5-10500T, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD 1 x HP 800 G9 i5-12500T, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD Did I get a OK deal, GOOD deal, or GREAT deal? A quick searches around ebay it seems like I did get a good deal considering the...
  12. G

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Same boat, don't need them... been thinking about it. I'm wondering if I wait another 6 months or so 4TB drives may come up around this price range.
  13. G

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

please report back if firmware changes performance benchmarks.
  14. G

How can I make this SATA backplane fit my chassis?

I purchased a chinese 4 port hotswap chassis from taobao. The backplane that it came with is faulty and makes my linux system unstable (disks directly attached to my motherboard work just fine). I purchased a different backplane and upon eye inspection and see in the photos below; the original...
  15. G

Those HGST 3.84Tb SN260 drives and Cisco firmware...

Kudos to you sir @ElCoyote_ I purchased some Cisco X710-DA2 off ebay that came with a very old firmware and while trying to figure out how to extract the firmware files from the cisco bootable .iso I found out they were partially encrypted. Your notes here came in clutch and finding the...