Recent content by ggg

1. G

Xeon D-1541 & SR-IOV (Need Help)

Using the kernel module option has been deprecated for awhile so that seems odd. You get a message noting that when you use it: "Enabling SR-IOV VFs using the module parameter is deprecated - please use the pci sysfs interface." linux/igb_main.c at v4.6 · torvalds/linux · GitHub Perhaps is...
  2. G

Xeon D-1541 & SR-IOV (Need Help)

The 'right way' of configuring the number of vfs is per the driver's module: echo $NUM_VFS > /sys/class/net/$ETH_DEV/device/sriov_numvfs One way (not the only way) to run that at boot with systemd is with a a file in /etc/tmpfiles.d/; say ...: /etc/tmpfiles.d/20-vfs.conf ... with contents...
  3. G

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Does anyone have a lead on whether Xeon-D supports posted (external) interrupts as is touted for E5 v4? Source: anandtech.com
  4. G

NVMe: 2.5" SFF drives working in a normal desktop

@RchGrav I missed that. Thanks!
  5. G

@Patrick Thanks! The ASUS one was a 2260 yes? From pictures the Gigabyte and ASRock appear to be 2260 as well. @Davewolfs did you got that MSI working in the X10SDV-TLN4F?
  6. G

Has anyone got one of the M.2 -> U.2 cards form any of MSI, ASRock, ASUS or others working in a (5028D-TN4T) X10SDV-TLN4F? I don't want to take up the single slot on the X10SDV-TLN4F. Of course some of the ASRock boards have another slot but I'd probably rather use the SM.
  7. G

That combo did not work for me on a Z97-A and Z97-WS. A AOC-SLG3-2E4 worked with the Z97-WS.
  8. G

SM 5028D-TN4T X10SDV-TLN4F X557 sr-iov Does Not Work, i350 Work

Could you setup two VMs, each with one of the VFs from the X557, and ping between them?
  9. G

But not the Ubuntu distributions of those versions :)
  10. G

@jonaspaulo So it doesn't seem you need 4.1.5, just what is upstream in kernel 4.1+. I think most have upgraded their kernel instead of compiling ixgbe for their kernel. If you do build your own kernel on Ubuntu 14.04 from git rather then the Ubuntu sources then you might be more successful...
  11. G

@jonaspaulo I suppose if you really have to have it you could try something like this o_O: Gmane -- Re: I40E: UTS UBUNTU RELEASE ABI is too large on Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.14.43 031443 generic Kernel
  12. G

@jonaspaulo I've had issues before compiling the igb driver on newer kernels. Seems the developers target LTS kernel releases? See this thread I found: Gmane -- Re: I40E: UTS UBUNTU RELEASE ABI is too large on Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.14.43 031443 generic Kernel Thence my preference to stick with...
  13. G

@jonaspaulo Might you first use the ixgbe that is upstream in 4.3; the '4.0.1-k' you mention? It should be stable and should support SR-IOV on the x557. Or is there something in ixgbe 4.1.5 that you specifically require?
  14. G

You might also use your build module by doing: cd [your_module_build_dir] rmmod ixgbe insmod ./ixgbe If you use the path of your built module you can load it instead of the one accompanying the kernel.
  15. G

@Jerry Chen Looks like your working directory is the one you unpacked the downloaded ixgbe driver to. But you haven't loaded the module you've built (assuming you've built it). The one that is loaded is the one that is included with your running kernel.