Recent content by GaPony54

1. G

shorter-depth 2U 12x3.5" cases

I thought the OP said he had an upper limit of 500mm depth, though I might be mistaken. The Mini R 12-Bay is 533mm and should easily fit into a 23" rack. I must admit though, its an impressive little server. Still, I was somehow under the impression they were just looking for a bare chassis...
  2. G

Upgrade home server HBA and disk shelf to SAS12 when drives are SAS6?

I can only speak for my own personal experience. Being in the middle of a transaction of replacing my old server, which has a combination of 24 7200rpm drives consisting of 4TB, 8TB, 10TB and 22TB running off 3x Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards, all connected to a 6Gbs backplane with SFF-8087...
  3. G

Advice on purchasing an LSI 9305-24i

FWIW, I wouldn't go this route. For my new 24-bay build I went with the LSI 9300-8i and the Adaptec 82885T 12 Gbs SAS expander. All in for about $150.00, I lose 4 ports on each card, but still net 28 internal ports, plus I end up with 8 external ports for future expansion to a DAS, or NAS, or...
  4. G

Upgrade home server HBA and disk shelf to SAS12 when drives are SAS6?

You don't anything if you HBA is 12Gbs and your drives are 6Gbs. The fastest you can transfer depends on the weakest link, ie. the 6Gbs limit of your drives.