Recent content by Gamble

1. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I used that exact cable and those brocade modules in my setup, 2x6610 spread about 150ft apart and it worked perfectly! Doing the flip to key-up wasn't bad, follow the video guide and you'll be fine. The trickiest part was getting the end back on. Takes a little wiggling and using a paper clip...
  2. G

I can take a photo in a bit, but if you're looking at the qsfp ports fromfthe back it would be the slots to the left. In my situation I only have 1 PSU and 1 fan in each unit.
  3. G

I was comparing the Fan controlled temperature, CPU, and Stacking card. I was mostly looking at Fan controlled temperature. What's interesting here is I only just noticed the fan is in a different spot on the hotter unit. Unit 1, the cooler unit, had the PSU and Fan in position 2. Unit 2, the...
  4. G

I'm comparing my two 6610s and noticed something odd about the temperatures. Both units have 1 PSU and 1 Fan. They're both running in the same room temperature. One shows an internal temp of 53C and the other shows 71.5C. The unit with 53C is running a Rev B PSU and the unit with 71.5C is...
  5. G

I can't thank you enough for all the awesome info you've provided throughout the thread! I opted for what you recommended and did the key swap myself. I was a bit nervous, but honestly wasn't that bad after watching the video a couple of times. I've now got two 6610s running 50m apart in a...
  6. G

Hmm, I guess it is a little reckless to globally allow it. I've edited my original response to use a bit more "secure" method with aliases instead of globally allowing it.
  7. G

I just setup my first switch and had the same problem. I don't know if you solved the issue or not, but instead of changing anything on the switch I made an alias on my client to make it easier to remember: sudo nano .bashrc ( or .bash_aliases or .bash_profile) Add a new line: alias...
  8. G

I did look at FS and compared to the cable you linked. FS would be about double the cost, so now I have to ask myself if I'm feeling brave. Definitely seems worth the effort to give the paperclip method a try.
  9. G

Thanks for the response, very much appreciated! I hear you on the MPO cost, was estimating it to be around $350ish for cabling. If there's a cheaper way I'm definitely all ears and open to suggestions on how to best do this.
  10. G

Hi Guys, trying to get my cabling in order before my new (to me) switches arrive. I want to use two of the 40gb ports on the back for stacking. The switches will be deployed about 150 feet apart. What's the correct way to cable this? My research leads me to believe I will need: 4x Brocade...
  11. G

This thread has been amazing to read through. Convinced me to upgrade my homelab TP-Link switches to something more meaningful and really learn some new tricks. Two ICX6610-24p switches are coming my way. Can't wait to get them setup!