Recent content by galvesribeiro

1. G

ASRock Rack GENOAD8X-2T/BCM spec confusion

Thanks. Makes sense. I guess the manual if broken then. Now I'm trying to convince myself to use that single slot mobo or go with the Gigabyte MZ73-LM0, which has dual socket. However, it only has 4x PCI Gen 5.0 x16 which is a bummer leaving lanes on the table.
  2. G

ASRock Rack GENOAD8X-2T/BCM spec confusion

Hello folks! I'm considering buy the ASRock Rack GENOAD8X-2T/BCM to pair with a AMD EPYC 9754 for my homelab. I've found the review from STH site (btw, thanks STH! Awesome review and show that this board seems very versatile!) and also read the manual to the end and one thing is not matching to...
  3. G

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

The full mod has some resistors that configure the chipset to work as m920x but, the BIOS still the same of the m920q. You can see the second "M.2 Drive 2" on the summary page. The whole problem is to find the memory sticks. DDR5 is no pin-compatible with DD4, so you can't buy a DDR5 stick and...
  4. G

Interesting. Just checked the i7-8700 and found the same. My case is a m920q but please let us know if you got it to work on the M90Q. I may try this as well :) A quick search and wasn't able to find single stick with 64Gb SODIMM :(
  5. G

@TinyLenovo / @damex Hey folks! I got a mix of attempts here until I finally got ESXI to boot from the Wifi slot with a 2230 M.2 using the adapter on the m920q. Pre-requisite: 1. Either have no disks attached on the device whatsoever (SATA, M.2, PCIe, whatever). Keep ONLY the M.2 2230...
  6. G

Not sure how you got it. I've installed on full EFI mode with the legacy/CSM disabled and secure boot enabled on the 2230 wifi slot. After the installer finishes and boot, remove USB stick and enter in BIOS. You see that there is nothing under the "Other Device". Anything else you could tell...
  7. G

Unable to get 10Gb speeds on Hyper-V

Hello folks! I've create a 2-node Windows Server 2022 cluster for Hyper-V and Storage Spaces Direct. Each node has a ConnectX-4 dual 25Gb. One of those ports are connected directly to the other node on 25Gb mode and is used for RDMA on the S2D storage traffic. The other port is dedicated for...
  8. G

NVMe on Dell Precision Workstation T7910

The ones that came are RDIMM, not LRDIMM, so I can't mix them, but according to the docs LRDIMM works. I was just concerned about the 4Rx4 but if it worked for you I think I'll be good. Thanks!
  9. G

Another question that came up is about the Memory. I've got a pair of E5-2699A v4 which will arrive soon. Now I'm looking to increase the memory. Right now it has 128gb as 4x 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11. In the owner manual it says the maximum would be 512Gb ECC. I've found out this site which...
  10. G

Oh! Nice! Thanks! This bay takes 8x 2.5" disks while the bottom of the case has 4x 3.5" bays. With that price, I may get 2 of those Athena and put the second one somehow in the back of the case where you show on your video that the official Dell kit has the fans (ofc if somehow I can secure it...
  11. G

Now trying to decide wether to pick one of this MB038SP-B_8 Bay 2.5" SAS/SATA HDD/SSD Mobile Rack for 5.25" Bay or go nuts and all the way NVMe and use this MB873MP-B V2_8 Bay M.2 NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 Mobile Rack Enclosure for External 5.25" Drive Bay (8 x OCuLink SFF-8612) I guess the the NVMe...
  12. G

Oh! So you are the guy from the art of server :D I just followed it after a while trying to find the proper firmware. Now it is on IT mode and VMWare can see all disks on it! Thank you very much for your help! :)
  13. G

Alright! Just getting back to you. I got the machine to work. The BIOS has indeed no option to enable bifurcation even after updating to latest version (2020). However, when I added the Chinese card I mentioned with 2 NVMe, they just worked and appeared on the OS! (ignore the language, it was...
  14. G

I bought couple of cheap Chinese cards that requires the bifurcation. Not going to keep it for "production" but since they are extremely cheap and are available here in Brazil, I ordered just to test. If that works by at least the drivers are detected by VMWare, then I'll invest more in the Dell...
  15. G

I hope you are right and it just works :D