Recent content by Gabber

1. G

AMD ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 microcode version?

@boomheadshot I reply to all without quote. If you extract the metal pins from the plastic housing of the jumper cables and you wrap theyself with same electrical tape you can use they in the 2 mm pin array. That flashing time seams long to me, but if the flashing process works great that is...
  2. G

Sorry, I don't really know. If you power-up the motherboard, you can connect to it by the ipmi RJ45 port and check the bios version; try to ask it to the seller... maybe you will be lucky. PS: Buy an item with a good return policy and give it a try. It is not impossible to flash the bios.
  3. G

I tried flashing (downgrading) bios via IPMI on Asus KRPA with both retail and ES cpus and it never worked. Looks like it worked, but when you restart the system notingh change. I never had a brick condition, maybe it can depend by the version of starting bios and bmc firmaware... I don't know...
  4. G

Hi @setuid0 , I have a working AMD ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 on a KRPA-U16 motherbord. I'm pretty happy with that, the only sore point is the power mosfet heatsink. !!!!! ATTENTION !!!!! It works only with a 0302 bios (or earlier), the motherboard you will buy probably has a newer version. So you need...
  5. G

ASUS KRPA-U16 full BIOS dump request

Please double check your connections because I can't evaluate they from theese photos. All Raspberry from 1 B+ to 4 have the same pinout on GPIO, but I think the error are not in the connections. You probably have the wrong version of flashrom (see the devices list, there is NOT the...
  6. G

Great buy, I also suggest you to buy a breadboard if you haven't one. Here you have the pinout, you should connect: Raspberry <==> EEPROM 3.3V <==> 3.3V GND <==> GND MISO <==> MISO MOSI <==> MOSI...
  7. G

I used a Pi 3 but it is the same, you just need Raspbian and flashrom software. I used some (naked) juper cables (the Pi header is 2.54 mm pitch while the Asus SPI1 is 2 mm, so the plastic insulation does not fit). For the pinout on the Asus board I refered to this...
  8. G

First of all give it a try: install your CPU, install ONE dimm of ram in C2 slot, and power on the system. If you are luk everything works otherwise if you got a d1 error on the code display you have to flash the bios (my motherboard came with 0501, but older stocks are provided with 0302). You...
  9. G

So sorry to tell you this but you buy a complete wrong chip. The correct one is the Windbond 25Q256JVFQ (the second photo on imgur). You can flash the correct bios using the SPI1 header that is just next to the chip. I made that using a Raspberry Pi, but a CH341A is fine, too. I sudjest you to...
  10. G

Hi @craig5571 I tried KSM32RD8/16MEI (16GB module) and M393A4K40DB3-CWE (32GB module) and both works perfectly with KRPA-U16 and ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 64 core (and Win10). Currently I'm using 8x samsung's. I hope this could help you.
  11. G

Thanks man, at the end I did some homeworks, studied around the web and I figure out that I could flash my bios chip with a Raspberry Pi. So I backuped my eeprom and then flash it with the dump file provided by @yesoos (I should give you a beer;)) with my Pi 3 and flashrom(dot)org software. Now...
  12. G

I have some flashers (stuff for Arduino, and motorcycle's ECU) but i have never flashed a motherboard's bios. Can you please tell me the flasher i need to use and the exact (and detail please) procedure? I saw a bios dump in the other thread and @Brainbug spoke about a CH341, is the CH340 good...
  13. G

Good morning everybody, I would like to ask to @ExecutableFix and @yesoos if they fix the Asus KRPA bios problem? I'm in a similar situation, I have: - AMD ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 - 8 x 32GB Samsung M393A4K40DB3-CWE (3200MHz) or 1 x Kingston KSM32RD8/16MEI (3200MHz) - ASUS KRPA-U16 shipped with...