Recent content by funar

1. F

Dell Compellent SC200/SC400 Enclosures & SATA?

I had the chance to try 1.04 on one of my SC400s as well. Also, no dice. I suspect getting those to work with SATA disks is a non-starter. I'll keep looking for other things to try there. My serial cable for the SC200s doesn't arrive until tomorrow. I'll push 1.03 onto one of the SC200s that...
  2. F

Oh, I don't believe the Compellent folks would have done anything like that for "spite" either. I know a couple of the former Copilot Support staff on a personal level - they're all amazing people that really miss working at Compellent-proper. Since the SC8000 and SC9000 series were little more...
  3. F

I don't have the serial cable for the SC200 yet - I ordered one from eBay after deciding I didn't want to sacrifice one of the few PS/2 devices I have left. It should arrive this week. I noticed your SC200 was on v1.03. I have a total of 6 SC200s. The ones from the SC8000 seem to also be on...
  4. F

Where were you pulling the state from? It sort of makes me wonder if this is a firmware limitation that was imposed or an actual hardware limitation -- or even an obscure configuration option within the engineering console. I'll pull one of my SC200s out again and see what's going on there...
  5. F

Minor update... After examining a firmware image I had as part of the former Compellent's SCOS upgrade, I discovered the SC400 is actually an MD1400 in disguise, and the SC420 is actually an MD1420 - which makes sense given the history of the SC200/SC220. The USB serial password for both is...
  6. F

Thanks for taking a look.
  7. F

I did have SAS cables connected to both EMM's. For grins, I removed the lower EMM, tested, and then reinserted the lower EMM, pulled the upper one, power-cycling the enclosure between tests, and I get the same results as above. I do have several Dell SAS 4TB disks for this enclosure. I made...
  8. F

I've been through that thread a few times and found good nuggets of information here and there, but nothing really specific about the SC400-series. Indeed, there were a couple of people asking about SATA support not working, but no suggestions for fixes. I'm trying to get my hands on a serial...
  9. F

Long time lurker (even before actually opening an account here). I'm hoping someone has some ideas here. A brief background - I have a number of Dell SC200, SC220, SC400, and SC420 enclosures that were removed from two different Dell Compellent clusters (2x SC8000's and 2xSC9000's - which I...
  10. F

Brocade 300 firmware

Unfortunately, it seems 198.85.226.15 doesn't have all of the files. I'm trying to get to 7.4.2 from v6.3.2a as well. If anyone has any links, I'd appreciate it. My searches have come up with a ton of down sites and sites that don't have the files anymore.