Recent content by FullMetalJester

1. F

How can I improve disk performance for my ESXi build?

TBH you need to invest in a RAID controller and setup RAID10 locally for the spinning disks. You could also setup a storage server like FreeNAS or similar, and run ZFS (no RAID controller needed, just onboard SATA ports or an HBA for additional ports) and share the resulting disks over iSCSI...
  2. F

ESXI 6(.5) - OSX with GPU Passthrough

Quick update, I was able to pickup an HIS HD 5750 (Juniper core) ATI card locally last night and after some minor BS (had to edit esx.conf and force passthrough, it was greyed out in the hardware tab) and needed custom kext for ATI on El Capitan, the card works! I also set the screens to mirror...
  3. F

yes i tried with and without the pciHole settings. If you try the hypervisor option the machine will fail to boot OSX entirely.
  4. F

You may need to force OSX to set the primary monitor via the display properties to get the login to be on the screen you expect
  5. F

my primary goal of this project is to replace my Mac Pro 1,1 with something far less power hungry. So its primarily going to be used a virtual desktop solution, but I need output to a real monitor for photo editing color matching, etc.
  6. F

finally got El Capitan VM setup, same deal seems to hang/crash at about 75% progress on Apple logo. Will try Clover next.
  7. F

I have not but I'm pretty sure once I get the correct settings for the base VM i should be able to use Clover to do the install if I go that route. I'm going to try El Capitan tonight and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise I'll need the EFI bootloader route to force the GPU injection I...
  8. F

Yep used RC Unlocker (latest version 2.0.9?) booting into OSX recovery mode to access the terminal since you cannot do it from the OS any longer (ie change the boot flags). I suspected Sierra was being a dick about it, looks like I should try again with El Capitan just for shits and giggles. I...
  9. F

So I have been unable to get this to work at all. I'm using a vanilla unmodified macOS Sierra install on a Dell T3500 workstation. I've tried with both 6.0 and 6.5 with the same results. I can boot the machine just fine without the GPU passthrough and/or with passthrough and nv_disable=1 boot...