Recent content by frontwing

1. F

Kioxia KCD61LUL7T68 CD6-R Firmware udpate?

Kioxia does not release FW update in public. Most of the used CD6 SSDs came from retired cryptofarms. I contacted Kioxia Enterprise Support but they asked for a purchase proof, so I guess it's hard to get FW unless you buy a brand new one from their authorized dealers.
  2. F

Toshia XG6 1TB nvme firmware update - Help extracting firmware from a Dell update file?

why are you considering nvmecli or something more complicated? you just never tried to run this Dell package directly? Dell package won't check if you are using a Dell PC, it will just run the Toshiba updater and let it check if you are using a correct model. If you really have problems running...
  3. F

Hp branded Samsung SM825 SSDs, cannot access

SM825 is a very old model released in 2012...maybe the PFP capacitors are dead because of long time storage without powering on.
  4. F

Updating firmware for HPE-rebranded Seagate XF1440 without a Linux Live CD

I have a HPE-rebranded Seagate XF1440 NVMe drive with model number VK001920KWDUH. Its preinstalled firmware is HPK2. I can find HPK4 on HPE site, but they only provide a Linux-based updater for this version. I don't want to burn a Linux Live CD for doing this, so I tried to extract and replace...