Recent content by frollic

1. F

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

I'd start by using a recent version of OpenWRT.... Your eMMC could be b0rked though. Should still be able to install it, if you manage to identify the bad blocks, and make sure no data's saved there.
  2. F

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

Nah, dd:ing the Openwrt combined image onto mmcblk0 works just fine, been there, done that. Legacy boot have to be enabled, but I guess it is, since it boots from the sda just fine.
  3. F

Ah, didn't realize ! was part of the password, thanks.
  4. F

That worked, now I need to figure out how to get the admin rights back in BIOS. Service tag didn't work, nor did restoring the settings from within BIOS... dellemc-diag-os login: root Password: Last login: Wed Apr 10 13:21:43 UTC 2024 on ttyS0 Linux dellemc-diag-os 4.9.30 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov...
  5. F

This guide is based on the diagos-recovery-x86_64-dellemc_vep1400_c3538-r0.3.43.3.81-27.iso image, installing onto a 8GB SD card. For those of you having issues installing the DiagOS, where it fails with Failure: Unable to install image...
  6. F

Yeah I tried both, even the USB install fails with the same error. But, I just managed to get it working, with some serious hands on, the installer is really sh*t. I'll post a how to, in a bit.
  7. F

Yeah, I realized it after I had posted, but I also assumed the watchdog wouldn't go away if I went from -6 to -20. Main problem is I can't get the Dell Diag OS installed, I hit the same error as in...
  8. F

I've got a 620 with 3.50.0.9-6 already installed, guess I can't get rid of the watchdog by installing a newer version of the BIOS. But at least i2cset -y 1 0x22 0 0 b works. I did however notice the Velocloud 5x0 watchdog hack also worked on my 620: modprobe i2c-i801 modprobe i2c-smbus...
  9. F

Freight forwarding services to Australia

Simply pay by using PayPal ....