Recent content by FredeBR

1. F

xeon e-2278G missing from stores

I haven't seen xeon e-2278G in stores yet. Didn't Intel put it up for sale?
  2. F

Suggestions for reviews with Ryzen 2700 / 3700 (future) AM4 + ECC

Yes, you're right. The problem of high hardware prices in Brazil is the high taxes and currency exchange rate difference. I do not need many lanes. A configuration that meets the requirements of mathematical simulations that I need, would be a processor with 8 to 12 cores, with a minimum...
  3. F

I see that the niche that would serve the entry HPC workstation and small home servers would be the Epyc 3000. The Epyc 3000 would fit into the niche of the Xeon E and Xeon W input, and to advantage. I do not understand why AMD does not see this. I think AMD could have made a better strategy by...
  4. F

I think that ryzen 2700 / (3700 - future processor) would be a more affordable HPC workstation alternative to the threadripper that has a higher cost and a TDP greater than ryzen. The Ryzen 2700/3700 + ECC memory suite would serve most of the HPC niche woskstations and home servers. As for Ryzen...
  5. F

Dear author, I have come to suggest reviews with the Ryzen 2700, 2700x, 3700 (in the future) and ECC memories. If the ECC is really active and working. Both on windows and on Linux. Which motherboards are ECC compliant. The purpose is to guide the acquisition of AM4 platforms with ECC for use as...
  6. F

Epyc in AM4

You're right. I'll correct my statement. Take a look here (https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-3251-benchmarks-and-review/6/) that shows a comparison between the epic 3251 and the 7251 where it has similar values in the tests but with the difference of consumption in half. In the article...
  7. F

Epyc in AM4

I have the same thought.(Google translated) A configuration with the SP3 / TR4 architecture has high TDP for a low clock (see the comparisons on the internet between ryzen 1700 vs epyc 7251, the 7251 almost spends twice as much energy to do the same work as the ryzen 1700. Most workstations you...
  8. F

Epyc in AM4

Is it possible for AMD to release Epyc processor to socket AM4? For example Epyc AM4 8 core 3.5Ghz base and 4Ghz turbo 65W TDP using Rome. There is a large niche for HPC workstation for this configuration. Why did not AMD enter? (translated by Google)