Recent content by frameshift18

1. F

$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

I can test mine this weekend. These drives have the orginal release firmware on them. Looks like theres much more recent firmware out there but I'm unable to find a download anywhere online unfortunately.
  2. F

$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

Same experience here. Edit: Tracking updated on Sunday, might receive them after all! :D
  3. F

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

I imagine the SMR penalty for WORM data such as media files would be less noticeable. Although I don't have any first hand experience.
  4. F

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

Note these look like host managed SMR drives.
  5. F

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

Lucky for you they are already gone lol. Edit: Seems seller is/was adding additional stock.
  6. F

Funny enough these just, as in the last few minutes, dropped back down to their recent sale price of $80/ea.
  7. F

In the past I wouldn't think twice about buying a SAS drive with a 30 day warranty but the recent deals with a 5 year warranty have me second guessing.. Hm.. How is this still an issue in 2024 lol. Thanks for the heads up.
  8. F

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

Also noticed the fans have a slight whine to them. Never noticed it on my other 7250-48P though. Oh nice! Didn't notice there was a fan mod for the 7250! I'm going to try this.
  9. F

Received mine today. The moment I saw it only wrapped in bubblewrap I knew the ears were toast. Sure enough one ear was completely folded over. 20 minutes later on the bench vise I got it straightened out :D. Other than that the exterior looks prestine. Haven't powered it up yet.
  10. F

This seller recently sent me an offer for $108. Not bad at all.
  11. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'd think you'd eliminate the idle power draw of those PoE chips but thats probably not all that much, maybe 1 to 3 watts. I'd at least unplug one of the 3 fans if not using PoE, that would save you more. I've not removed the PoE daughterboard myself so not sure what consequences that will bring.
  12. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I blew up one of those PoE chips on that daughter board that powers a bank of 8 ports when I connected my cable modem to a switch port on my 7250-48P. Switch power cycled itself and everything but to my absolute shock it only took out that PoE chip and everything else was fine. I just lost the...
  13. F

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Based on the label on the front I'd guess this was used in some sort of (amateur) radio set up. Think repeater site hosting EchoLink, IRLP, APRS, etc.
  14. F

Super cheap LSI SAS3 controller

Down to $20 again.
  15. F

Super cheap LSI SAS3 controller

Haha, I don't have five cards, yet. But the five brackets are basically the same price as one or two on ebay. So why not have some spares for when I do inevitably buy more cards lol.