Recent content by fohdeesha

1. fohdeesha

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

these are enterprise/commercial APs designed to run hundreds and hundreds of clients each - unleashed will be absolutely bored running on an AP used in a home
  2. fohdeesha

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

versions newer than the one in my compatibility list will not work, it's not a matter of disk space - the support/drivers for that generation of ASIC are totally removed from newer versions
  3. fohdeesha

Trying to get Firmware loaded on to Whitebox S4810-ON

yes it "really" is. the S4810-ON and S4810P are identical hardware. working on a guide to publish, currently working around some u-boot bugs
  4. fohdeesha

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

Great work in here. Just out of curiosity, what's the draw with these? something like an HP t740 with a 10gb NIC would draw half the power, have twice the single thread CPU processing power, and have twice the bandwidth than all the 1g ports on this thing combined. Is it just the challenge? I...
  5. fohdeesha

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

the very page before this https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/desperate-search-for-arista-eos-firmware.10480/page-14#post-412831
  6. fohdeesha

Finally got this finished: Dell#show version Dell Real Time Operating System Software Dell Operating System Version: 2.0 Dell Application Software Version: 9.14(1.14) Copyright (c) 1999-2018 by Dell Inc. All Rights Reserved. Build Time: Tue Oct 25 11:14:28 2022 Build Path...
  7. fohdeesha

Looking for Arista firmware

as switchback said, the latest you can run on a 7050sx is EOS-4.28.10.1M - https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/desperate-search-for-arista-eos-firmware.10480/page-14#post-412831
  8. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

apologies, the site has been up on a new server since this morning but namecheap seems to have their own definition of "updating your ns glue records". I'm calling them now to get this fixed and probably moving registrars because this is not the first time I've had issues setting glue records...
  9. fohdeesha

yes the site's down looks like the mobo might have died on the box this is on, it might be a while until I can get remote hands to check it out so I'll spin up the vm in another location sometime today
  10. fohdeesha

yall 9010 is doodoo butter
  11. fohdeesha

no clue, 9010 is a beta/alpha mess. Could be because you're doing a big jump, maybe try going from 8095 to 9000 first, then from 9000 to 9010
  12. fohdeesha

have mostly figured this out, will post when I have the instructions written out
  13. fohdeesha

You would only get this error if the switch was already on a later UEFI image, or a very old image that has no UFI support yet - neither of these would be the case if you followed the first step of the guide, which flashes a compatible OS version for this from the bootloader, it sounds like you...
  14. fohdeesha

do the fans spin down and get significantly quieter after it finishes booting? Sounds like they may be stuck in full speed, it should not be that loud once it spins down