Recent content by farmerj

1. F

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

Found errors in dmesg if I checked anything other than just the pci-express in 7.x proxmox. Never found a really good explanation of what each option was for, other than you should have them checked if you are passing through a gpu. If anyone knows, pls point me to a doc or clue me in.
  2. F

:) this is the way: "use Proxmox 7.x and not upgrade, or upgrade through to 8.x but pin the kernel at 5.x" :) you can build use the out of tree intel driver, however performance is horrible compared to 5.x in tree drivers. latest intel drivers: ~4G,10G rx/tx, Linux 5.x drivers: ~7G,10G. I'm...
  3. F

Put a 40x40x10 5V fan on top of a couple of _very_ low profile nvme ssd heat sinks, complete with my super custom coated paper clip retainer :cool: . 5v power can be had from the other "sata power" 4 pin header, or from one of the 10pin! usb headers. Still experimenting around with it. There is...
  4. F

Further testing shows it only has this problem when using the 4th port.
  5. F

You can get the Sk hynix ECC 32G sodimms mentioned in the list at newegg. Ordered one, that one tested and has worked fine so far. Ordered another which is due to arrive tomorrow or it will be late. Shipping isn't fast unless you pay high shipping fees. And yes, it's quite a bit more expensive...
  6. F

Bought the rack mount as well. Noticed that if I have a RJ45 SFP+ Module in one of the sfp cages, it will not cold boot. Power supply lights come on, but power light on the panel does not and it appears dead.
  7. F

:cool: I don't hear well... and it's a guest bedroom so we're all good. Thanks!
  8. F

Looking at the 1U version of these which comes with a fan... Wondering if the fan noise is low enough for a bedroom when lightly loaded. Appears to be a laptop style fan. Thanks!
  9. F

ASRock Rack B650D4U MicroATX for Ryzen 7000 processors

Living here in $0.34/kw land aka California... Wondering what total wattage ends up being using this board? Proposed config: ryzen 7900, 64G ecc ram, one ssd (for now) and 300-450w power supply. OS: Debian desktop/Proxmox, lightly loaded.