erock's latest activity

• E
    erock reacted to StoneStorm's post in the thread Say Hi with Like Like.
    It's very nice to meet you all. I am a computer hardware lover, I will share some of the latest mini computer and router firewall...
  • E
    erock replied to the thread Help identify faulty hardware.
    I had very similar issues with a H11DSi mobo and two 7f52 CPU’s purchased from tugm4470. However, after much trial and error I was able...
  • E
    erock replied to the thread Legit AMD Epyc or no?.
    Thank you for your insights! So let me make sure I fully understand your comment. Let's say we use the H12DSi-NT6 Supermicro MOBO for...
  • E
    erock reacted to RolloZ170's post in the thread Legit AMD Epyc or no? with Like Like.
    i doubt that. rome is cheap because replaced by MIlan's. Milan has no successor, so complete systems are sold or ultimately disposed of...
  • E
    For the 7302 and 7f52 Epyc processors, which are great for distributed CFD computingthe new versions are 5-10 more than used equivalents...
  • E
    erock reacted to wildpig1234's post in the thread Legit AMD Epyc or no? with Like Like.
    i second that. dealing with tugm4470 was a pleasure. fast shipping! He usually has the best price, but once a while, i do see better...
  • E
    Here is a quick update on this thread. I decided to use NEMIX for most of my project and tested dozens of 16GB sticks (~$32-35 per...
  • E
    I bought around a dozen used Epyc Rome CPUs from tugm4470 on eBay. All came with this stamp, have worked very well and are equivalent as...
  • E
    I had spontaneous restart issues with popOS on a machine with a Supermicro H11DSi mobo and two high frequency 16 core Epyc 7f52...
  • E
    I have tested dozens of sticks @Newegg:MEM-DR416L-HL01-ER32 16GB Memory Compatible With Supermicro by NEMIX RAM MEM-DR416L-HL01-ER32...