Recent content by Eric Vincenot

1. E

Xeon Platinum/Silver/Gold, i9-79**X, Threadripper, EPYC : where are the workstations?

Thanks zack, I will wait.... HP Z800 served me well for 8 years and still goes strong.
  2. E

Xeon Platinum/Silver/Gold, i9-79**X, Threadripper, EPYC : where are the workstations?

And congratulations on your work. STH is one of the very best, the very few best.
  3. E

Thanks for the quick response that I will read between the lines. My main interest points and I am certainly just one of many : 1) Will high core counts with high TDP ratings be sufficiently fast with the improvements in "turbo turbo3" to cope with CAD low threaded tasks (daily use) so that we...
  4. E

Hello to all, I have been following the abovementioned processor introductions quite closely. I have an ageing (july 2009) HP Z800 2xXeon W5580. Upgrades 48Gb RAM / 1TB SSD /USB 3.0/ Quadro K5000 with dual 4k 32" screens. I use CAD CAM FEA and specific acoustic BEM sofware. I have never kept a...