Recent content by epers

1. E

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Right, but I'm not using any ve's or vlans at all. Just addresses on ports.
  2. E

Has anyone had any luck setting a mtu on routed ports after enabling jumbo? I'm trying to get my ports to run at 8550 and not having any luck. About to flash back to fastpath and see if it can do it - I only need this & ospf to work. TX24 Router#show run Current configuration: ! ver...
  3. E

That method works, I've got uboot working on one of the 4m's here. Can't figure out how to boot anything with it, but I can tftp images into flash and/or ram via the outband mgmt port U-Boot 1.3.0 (Apr 7 2011 - 23:27:58) CPU: 8541, Version: 1.1, (0x80720011) Core: E500, Version: 2.0...
  4. E

Any idea if there's something similar that could be done for the lb4m? I have a few here that I can try things on and a jtag for if things go sideways EDIT - found this, looks like somebody got u-boot to run on the lb4m
  5. E

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Dunno then. Might be a hardware issue
  6. E

33 deg C isn't too too bad, but at 51 and 54 deg C you're taking years off the lifespan of that silicon
  7. E

....that's strange. Pastebin the output of show tech-support and post the link here. And then do this to load a known good copy of lb6m 1.2.0.18 firmware on the switch: Grab a copy of 1.2.0.18 from here: lb6m.1.2.0.18.img Get your tftp server running, interrupt the u-boot bootup, and follow...
  8. E

Yeah, it's probably fubar. Try copying the image from the working switch, you'll need a tftp or ssh server, and then throwing it on the non-working switch and see if that improves things.
  9. E

You're interrupting the u-boot boot when you need to be interrupting the fastpath boot - You'll see Select startup mode. If no selection is made within 5 seconds, the FASTPATH Application will start automatically... That's where you want to hit 2 and then enter, then you should be able to...
  10. E

Depends on what you mean by IP video - should be able to just enable multicast (if it isn't by default) and be all set
  11. E

When I was younger (and dumber) I did this with a stack of pci gigabit cards, a P4 box, and debian. Worked kinda sorta well enough, but the ASIC's in a 'real' switch will do a much faster and more efficient job of it than a cpu-based switch ever will
  12. E

LB6M came in today, quieter than expected... I've got r210's here that are louder when idle. Fair amount of coil whine though, I'll have to get in there with some silastic and see if I can dampen some of those vibrations. Mine came with 1.2.0.14 as the startup image and 1.2.0.18 as the backup...
  13. E

I know it's been more than a year, but I have a lb6m (and a lb4m) on order right now and this (along with running indigo (or even vyos) on this switch) greatly interests me - if you need someone with a switch to test things get ahold of me, I'll be playing with both switches a fair bit before...