Recent content by Eduard

1. E

ZFS Pool with a broken mirror drive, simple question about Solaris/napp-it commands

Thanks a lot for the quick reply gea and thanks for napp-it, it's really an amazing tool.
  2. E

ZFS Pool with a broken mirror drive, simple question about Solaris/napp-it commands

I just removed a broken mirror drive from my pool (RAID-10). I always use the "replace" command in napp-it to replace a faulty drive but this time I accidentally "removed" the broken drive in the mirror set and added the new one using the "add" command. Now my mirror set is back as it was before...
  3. E

napp-it TLS alerts using a wrong NIC

Anything else I can try? Of course I have the same problem if I try to install something. So every time I have to disable all my NICs... (Timeout) This is my actual network config: e1000g0 IP: 192.168.2.145 NETMASK...
  4. E

Not sure why but if I point the DNS just to my Gateway 192.168.2.1 (resolv.conf) seems working fine. Tried to make some TLS tests and seems not "very" stable though, sometimes I got timeouts Connect failed :IO::Socket::INET: connect: timeout If I try again works, but not always :(
  5. E

Thanks for your reply. My actual network config is exactly as you described except I didn't set any DNS, not sure if it could solve the problem though...I'm going to try right now. :) UPDATE: DNS was already set to Google 8.8.8.8
  6. E

Hello, There is a way to change the NIC used for TLS alerts? My ZFS server has 5 NICs (1x e1000g, 4x ixgbe). The four 10G NICs are not connected to the Internet. If temporary disable all the NICs except the e1000g that is the only adapter connected to the internet, the notifications are working...
  7. E

Constellation ES3 drives retired from Solaris

After few hours I noticed that the ES3 in the bays of my SC846 chassis were kinda hot..like 60-62 degrees. Now 3 drives have been retired, but this time because they were really damn hot. I managed to leave empty the bays over each hdd but of course this is just temporary. Now the temp is 55-56...
  8. E

Thanks a lot man!! After days speaking with the Supermicro and Seagate customer support I finally solved the issue. I had to reinstall Omnios though. Solaris was retiring the drives also with the new 0004! Not sure why Seagate Support told me: the drive you referenced (ES3 4TB with 0003...
  9. E

No way... :( also after flashing to the latest IT firmware (19.00.00.00 - Apr, 2014) still the same issue, the 2 drives with A001 works but the others with 0003 firmware are always retired... I tried to install solaris again, just because i'm desperate but I ended up always with the same result...
  10. E

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Actually before moving the drives to Solaris I cleaned them using the LSI drive erase utility. Btw today I connected them to an HBA on a win machine and finally with SeaTools i'm able to check the smartinfo, the drives seems in a very good condition. I just...
  11. E

Hello everyone, Really happy that the site and forum is back online! I run into this issue a week ago and STH was not working anymore...so I felt a little lost :) Anyways, I just added 6 Constellation ES3 SAS 4TB to my ZFS Server. The drives are not NEW but they seems in a perfect condition and...