Recent content by eas

1. E

Dell Wyse 5070 J5005 quad core (Extended chassis) w/ Dell Warranty (Open box) - $89.95

I bought one from this listing a few months ago. I'm very happy with it. It came packed in the original box, and, as I recall, didn't seem like it had seen any use. I pulled one of the DIMMs (leaving the system with 4GB) and the SSD to use in a regular 5070 running Proxmox. I installed a i350...
  2. E

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Thanks. I'd hoped my quad-port would just work, but it had the same problem. I did the tape trick (what year is this?) and it's working. I'm running OpenSense on it and it gets to line speed over my fiber ethernet link, which my t620 plus couldn't do.
  3. E

Whelp, my device doesn't boot with the bonus 2-port i350 in place. It has a 2,5 flashing pattern on the power LED which is supposed to mean that "Invalid memory is installed." It boots just fine with the 8GB it came with installed. Haven't wanted to pull down my firewall to try my quad-port...
  4. E

Picked one of these up and it arrived today. Turns out I don't have a cable that will work to connect it to my monitor, so it'll take another day before I can try it out. I noticed though that it happened to come with a dual port i350 NIC. That'll make moving off my t620-based firewall a little...
  5. E

The t740's performance should provide ample headroom, but it is in whole 'nother category wrt to power consumption and price. I was originally considering something like that Topton box, but it was also more than I wanted to spend. I'd pretty much decided to forgo doing anything about it for a...
  6. E

Thanks for the replies. I see now that both the onboard and the optional RJ-45 are realtek. I also realize that the price of a used slim + second ethernet port is probably about the same as a refub extended directly from Dell. So, I might as well transfer over the 4-port intel NIC from the t620...
  7. E

I see now that both the onboard and the optional RJ-45 are realtek. I also realize that the price of a used slim + second ethernet port is probably about the same as a refub extended directly from Dell. So, I might as well transfer over the 4-port intel NIC from the t620 I'm currently using as...
  8. E

I'm having trouble finding the answer to a few questions on the Dell site. Maybe someone here can help. What chipset is used for the onboard NIC? What chipset is used for the optional second RJ-45 NIC. Part number and how to order the optional second RJ-45 interface for a system acquired...