Recent content by dvnevares

1. D

Help, looking for a 2.5Gbps managed switch with SFP+ 10Gbps and passive PoE.

I did a test with a gigabit passive POE injector and the router links at 2.5Gbps
  2. D

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Do you remove ports from vlan 1 when you configure other vlans? When I try to remove all ports from vlan1 I end up losing access to the switch's web. I don't know if it's because I'm doing something wrong. I can remove some ports but not all.
  3. D

Mikrotik does not think the same. My router, a fairly recent hap hAP ax³, can be powered through passive POE at 24V and has a 2.5Gz network socket, precisely the only one that allows it to be powered through POE.
  4. D

I know that the M5-300 goes at 100Mbps. The idea of the switch with passive poe is to connect this antenna and the router (an hAP ax³) with fewer power supplies in the desktop and be able to use the 2.5Gpbs socket of the router. I have tested the M5-300 source with the router and it only...
  5. D

I think you are right about the 2.5G switches and passive PoE. My question now is if I can use a PoE injector and have the router connect to the switch at 2.5Gbps through the injector. I will try with the PoE injector from the Ubiquiti antenna and if it works I will look for an injector for...
  6. D

I am looking for a switch to upgrade my personal network to 2.5G. I have purchased two Horaco ZX-SWTGW218AS switches to make the change, and I have realized that it wouldn't hurt to replace one of them with one that has passive PoE capability to power my MikroTik router and a Ubiquiti PowerBeam...