Recent content by dv8inpp

1. D

SuperMicro X8DT3-F with X5670 only show CPU running at 2134MHz

To answer my own question. In the BIOS there was a multiplier setting the was set at 16, bumped this up to 22 and the CPU is now showing at 2.9Ghz.
  2. D

SuperMicro X8DT3-F with X5670 only show CPU running at 2134MHz

I have just replaced an E5506 (2.13GHz 4 core non HT) with a X5670 (2.9GHz 6 core HT) chip and was expecting to see the CPU clocked at 2.9. The motherboard recognises the CPU and it's true speed but says it's only running it at the slower speed. The memory I am using is 1066 speed. Is that...
  3. D

How important is it to use authorised memory?

It wasn't that bad after all, did a bit more digging and found this picture for the pinout of a LGA 1366 socket. The problem was with DDR1 so looking at the socket I noticed a slight change on the reflection of light off of a pin in that area. A slight tweek of the pin bought the end of it more...
  4. D

Thanks for the replies guys, I was hoping it isn't the memory slot but looks like it is. So can only put 176GB in it :{ and loose a bit of performance.
  5. D

I recently bought an X8DT3-F motherboard off of Alixpress for $125, including delivery. I have purchased 3 $10 sticks of 2GB DDR3 Hynix memory - HMT125R7TFR8C (2GB 2R*8 PC3-10600R-9-10-B0 dual rank) for testing the motherboard before committing to purchasing 6 * 16GB DDR3 ECC modules at about...