Recent content by dunde

1. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Asus is normally a no go with ES V4 Xeon. Look for a Asrock instead, works with all ES, QS..
  2. D

ES Xeon Discussion

If you have a look in the thread you will discover that Asus is mostly a no go with ES. It might work with QS? Ask the seller for compatible boards. I run my E5 V4 on Asrock.
  3. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Then you have to more specific yourself. Which CPU? I suggest you check out this thread, many questions like this have been answered before.
  4. D

ES Xeon Discussion

My vote also leans towards Asrock. Has a 2630V4 (ES) running on X99 extreme6 and it runs flawlessly. Just check bios revision before buying, I had to flash bios chip in standalone programmer.
  5. D

ES Xeon Discussion

You need DDR4 not DDR3. Coolers you have plenty to choose from. Fan, you will want a PWM (4 wire) 120/140 mm. I run watercooling on my E5 V4, works aswell.
  6. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Well, it is the same with newer games. Intel Haswell-EP Xeon 14 Core Review: E5-2695 V3 and E5-2697 V3
  7. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Not many games ar held back by a V3 or V4 Xeon. What you need for gaming is a good GPU. AFAIK a quite low end CPU is good enough för most gaming, multi GPU and really high performing GPU:s make the most of a faster CPU.
  8. D

ES Xeon Discussion

For most high turbo is preferred, good on singe thread applications. That why I ent for a E5 2630 V4, 3,1GHz and 2,4 all core frequenzy. Mulit thread performace is good enough anyway. Bought mine at Xtrememicro (ebay), but that shop seems out of them right now. Of these two I would choose the V3.
  9. D

ES Xeon Discussion

I did not think that rendering was a problem with low uncore. Since it mostly are the cores that is taking the most load?
  10. D

ES Xeon Discussion

I am running Asrock X99 extreme6 with Xeon V4 and A-data XPG Z1 (4x8GB) and it is fine. Why do you want to run REG/ECC? And 16 GB/module gives you minimum 64 GB RAM, are you running it as server with virtualization? And never mind the official approved list of memory modules, it is most often...
  11. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Why did you not go for a E5 2690 V4 instead? It runs cooler, is faster and have the same price.
  12. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Do you have any Intel sources which adresses this problem or is it something that is generally accepted as a truth? My experriences with electromigration is almost purely due to extreme voltage which produces more heat than what is possible do dissipate quickly enough. Todays CPUs with adaptive...
  13. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Hehe, yes of course, thought there was something new and exotic... :) Sounds sensational, probably typo?
  14. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Different problems during W10 setup, hang or error message after first settings page. With another SSD everything is fine. What did you mean with "special drivers"? Even during installation of OS?
  15. D

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi! I recently bought a Xeon E5 2630 V4 (ES). I am running it on an Asrock X99 extreme6. The turbo is up to 3,1 and turbo on all 10 cores simultaneously is 2,4. Whats nice is that it runs so cool, it is easy to hold it on about 20 degrees C over ambient with full load on all cores. Had some...