Recent content by drvcrash

1. D

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

ok so i have some gen 11 m90q and p350 tinys acting weird. both have a AOC-STGN-i2S DUAL card in them. with the dac cable in the card it refuses to boot. they are running nutanix ahv which is just linux. So they go thru bios load and come to the os boot loader screen then just hang. if i turn...
  2. D

I had to change to bios boot instead of uefi. It will not show in the boot order. I also removed everything from boot order. On my 11th gen tinys it doesnt work since it is only uefi. On my 8th and 10th gen works fine.
  3. D

Yeah i tried to buy on Ali Express first put in an order payed with paypal then they closed the order for security and keep my money and i cant get anyone to fix it there or at paypal. So im done with their scammy site
  4. D

Ebay was the only place i could find it. M.2 KEY A E to M.2 NVME KEY M SSD Adapter WIFI Wireless Network Card Slot | eBay It will only boot from it in bios mode and you get pci3 1x speed. But for booting esxi or another hypervisor that is fine to replace usb booting
  5. D

Finally managed to boot a nvme from the a+e key slot. This is m920q with a M.2 KEY A E to M.2 NVME KEY M SSD Adapter.
  6. D

no you will still need a riser. Those expansion ports plugin differently
  7. D

i have been using this little adapter with satadoms. I also just tested the a/e keyed sd card adapter. it works also as long as your os can usb boot since it is just using the usb side of the m.2 wifi connector
  8. D

im using sata DOMS with a U-Reach SATA to SATA DOM 7th pin with power adapter in my m90q's
  9. D

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

for me it was the m90q gen2 or the p350. they have two m.2 slots and with the 16x riser i have dual 10gb cards. the m90q's i got around 400 each
  10. D

so here is a weird one I have one m90q running with 64gb ram. I was waiting to get 64gb for my second and finally got around to installing it. it refuses to boot. 3 beeps. I take one stick out , boots, i put the second stick in by itself, boots, I put both sticks in dimm slot 2 one at a time...
  11. D

I checked and he has the 5th gen figured out not the 6th gen. the m90Q seems they are different bracket
  12. D

I got it booting esxi on a satadom with that adapter and the dual 10g card in it. now i just need a back plate to hold the card.
  13. D

I just picked up a couple m90q's and was thinking of using the built in sata cable with this adapter and a satadom for boot https://www.amazon.com/U-Reach-Power-Adapter-P1049-2-2-Pack/dp/B0193U187G/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B0193U187G&psc=1 that way i can use the two nvme's for my vsan and the pcie...
  14. D

yes I have a 3 node vSan setup with 3 m920q's. Each with 64gb ram , 256 nvme, 1 tb 2.5 ssd and a extra usb nic
  15. D

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

I just have it laying next to it for testing