Recent content by Drohne

1. D

The Versatile SAS3008 Chipset: My Vendor Crossflashing Adventures

I do not have ANY recommendations for the UEFI, because that depends on the vendor of the PC and its relation to those big players in the world of firmware development. Every modern PC has a firmware. EFI/UEFI is the 64 bit capable, modern version of a firmware which is "standardized" (so we...
  2. D

In my environment, I did not find a single server/PC, starting from issue date 2013, which does provide the BIOS64 extension, which would avoid this PAL error you'd face if trying to use sas3flash from BIOS. So the reflashing of the CP400 cards were two fold: 1) using megarec3.exe within BIOS...
  3. D

My quest wasn't as straight forward as the thread here would suggest, for short: yes, I have tested the re-flashed adaptors on both server platforms as well as a workstation type system and on ASrock low end hardware. On an older HP 8300 SFF with UEFI firmware 2.05 I was able to proceed the...
  4. D

Done! Worked. Worked great in case the original CP400i/3307 card has its original firmware. Thank you very much.
  5. D

@Sleyk: Thank you very much for the files. I'll check them out as soon as possible and will report back.
  6. D

According to my post, see #43, it seems I bricked one of our PRAID CP400-8i controllers in the attempt to bring it either to IT mode and/or crossflash it to LSI9300IT mode. The question still unanswered is: is the controller really bricked and is there a chance to recover it? The SBR file...
  7. D

LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

Addendum: Other than the search egines or headlines may suggest, in the LSI Pre-Boot USB/ISO tool downloads there is NO(!) MegaREC, if someone would expect the tool there.
  8. D

Ist there a chance to revive this adaptor without external ROM programmer?
  9. D

Hello. We have a couple of Fujitsu PRAID CP400-8i cards around here and I'd like to "IT flash" them to make them more appropriate to our FBSD/ZFS infrastructure. According to this youtube video (The Art of Server) [1] and the thread I'm posting herein it should be "easy" - but it isn't. Me...
  10. D

LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

We had to use a non-GUI service to fetch the files, i.e. wget(8) on Linux or fetch(8) on out FreeBSD servers. Just hovering over the link on Broadcom's website and save the URL, go to a console, type "fetch" and paste the saved URL. This "trick" doesn't work anytime, we had to try several times...