Recent content by dialbat

1. D

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Can you please share what direct spf cable you used to connect MS-01 to switch?
  2. D

Have you guys tried this? https://www.servethehome.com/how-to-pass-through-pcie-nics-with-proxmox-ve-on-intel-and-amd/
  3. D

thank you ! but i'm on zfs, would it not work?
  4. D

Hello guys, i'm running proxmox and tried testing IOMMU support running dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU but get no output. does ms-01 support IOMMU?
  5. D

Minisforum MS-01 ProxmoxVE Clusters

How is temp on your MS-01 with two Samsung PM983a running?
  6. D

Samsung PM983a M.2 22110 SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0x4 1.88TB - open box - $125 OBO + free ship

Gents, is there a firmware update available for PM983a ?
  7. D

Guys, i just installed Crucial 98gb kit in my MS-01, which states its 5600. But when i check in BIOS, it says its 5200. Any one knows why it shows 5200?
  8. D

Have you installed intel microcode ? Do you know if 8.2 would come with new microcode enabled, or should it be installed after fresh 8.2 install?
  9. D

I have same config, just deciding how to organize 2 m2s, ZFS mirror or stripping. Ill have NAS for the backups.
  10. D

10gb vs pci cards

thank you guys for your replies. my line of thought was, if i already have 10gb cards in both server and nas, instead of buying additional sata/sa cards for both, just use 10gb switch. In nas i'll have Sata and SSD pools.
  11. D

Can you please share how you configures 2 Samsungs in Proxmox? zfs pool, raid?
  12. D

10gb vs pci cards

Hello everyone, i'm a bit confused and probably due to lack of knowledge on the specifics of the subject :) Whats are the benefits and drawback connecting server to NAS using 10Gb network vs pci storage adapters? besides the obvious, not having access to either. My plan is to setup Proxmox...
  13. D

Hello everyone. Question for those of you, who received your unit after MSFORUM's Chinese new year break. Is it exactly same version as previously released? Have they done any updates to latest release? Newer BIOS maybe? thank you all.
  14. D

Did the included cable work or did you have to buy any separate bits for it? thank you