Recent content by devast

1. D

N100 small pc as router gets really hot to the touch

Not really, it's just a cheap case/cooler design. You can try replacing the TIM, however it should not matter much. If you strap any fan onto it, it will go under 30c, and will solve every thermal issues you might have. I've got the same unit, let me quicky sum up some things: The case will get...
  2. D

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I don't know where you got the bright idea, to insert a high end, high power consumption nvme ssd into a mini chassis of a passive device, that's already on the brink of overheating without any ssd. The first thing would be, to remove that ssd from there, and insert something that's very low...
  3. D

While it looks fun, i don't think it's any better than the existing x86 p5 (if you don't need the additional pcie slot and the usb-c port), and much more expensive, also ddr4 not ddr5. So while it's looks are quite tempting, it's a pass from me.
  4. D

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

The v1.7 firmware shared here is compatible with the xikestore variant of this switch, with a model number of: SKS3200M-8GPY1XF . I just upgraded, and it's working fine.
  5. D

That would be cool, but probably won't happen. The model number is G30 or G30W for these units, if anyone can find a bios i'm interested as well.
  6. D

I don't know what you're talking about, as these 9 port devices have no fans at all.
  7. D

Did anyone try this new firmware with the xikestore type? Mine has hardware version v1.1 and firmware version v0.3 with a date of Jun 30 2023.
  8. D

It's kind of late reply, but here we go: I've got one of this unit. The cooling is bad. The case heats up a lot, and while the cpu can perfectly/easily handle any temperature, other parts inside the case (ram, and the nvme ssd if you use one) can overheat and lead to instability. If you add any...
  9. D

Must be due to being under $80. Try "960", thats $6 off.
  10. D

Thats the xike variant. Here's a link: link You can also use coupon code "980" at the checkout, for an additional $8 off. edit: It's non-poe.
  11. D

Topton has a new variant: link By the looks of it, it is not made by cwwk, but another oem, probably the same as the G30W-N100. Cooling seems to be okayish on this one. If anyone does buy one, i'm interested in the bios options.
  12. D

That ui looks almost the same as :
  13. D

I did exactly the same. With all the coupons and sale and etc, it was too good for ~93eur including my 27% VAT. It will take 1-2 weeks to arrive. I think the taobao one with poe will eventually appear on aliexpress as well, under some brand name.
  14. D

These are all unmanaged. Thoguh i'm pretty sure the underlying hw is the same, the only managed types i've seen (from this rtl8373+rtl8224) are from horaco and xikestor.
  15. D

8 port 10gig ethernet switch with dual sfp+ ports

That will simply not happen. Maybe as others said used. But 10gbase-t is very expensive. The cheapest chinese ones are around $250 or so. For $100 you can get 8xsfp+ port new.