Recent content by DeepB

1. D

Linux Intel E810 100GbE - 4 NICs?

Hello, I have an Intel E810 100GbE nic. I installed the Intel driver. I attach it via a DAC to a Mikrotik 100G port. When setting each channel to 25G and autonegotiation off on the router side I can get a link. However: In Linux I get all of the 4 channels as a different nic. So i have...
  2. D

Fast (immutable) NAS for Backup | Hardware recommendations

Hi, we have an old qnap nas where we store our backups (veeam backup, iscsi). We also have a Tape-backup where the latest is offsite. However I want/need to replace the qnap nas. I am looking for a _fast_ backup solution with some kind of immutable storage (If I have malware on the backup...
  3. D

EU FS: Dual Xeon Server 64g RAM | Cisco 24port Gigabit switch | Tandberg LTO Drive

yeah changed that, thanks for pointing it out. Ram was tested with memtest86 btw.
  4. D

EU FS: Dual Xeon Server 64g RAM | Cisco 24port Gigabit switch | Tandberg LTO Drive

Hello, I have the following equipment for sale. All based in Austria, not including shipping. Networking: 4 x Cisco Catalyst 520G managed 24 port gigabit (+2sfp) ethernet switches, 40€ Server: (400€) Intel® Server System R2312GZ4GCSAS 2U Server Rack system 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 64GB...
  5. D

3 Homeservers | proxmox - new or available hardware?

Most of those I currently run on server #3 the one that has the least power of all my current hardware. I do not need live migration, the only "real" use-case is that I want the home-automation to start on another server when it is down. Migration/restart time (however that is called), is not a...
  6. D

3 Homeservers | proxmox - new or available hardware?

Hello, I am currently planing the build of 3 homeservers to run a Proxmox-HA cluster with CEPH. They will be joined over 40GbE. Load will probably be quite small, I plan to run the following (partly in docker containers on a VM, partly in its own vm): 3 Wordpress instances Homeassistant...
  7. D

40GbE - will that hardware combination work?

ok, thanks for the answer. is there a list of all mellanox ethernet-capable swtiches somewehre?
  8. D

Anybody knows if the Mellanox IS5030 can do ethernet?
  9. D

I definately am interested, please let me know how much you want for them (by private message?)
  10. D

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Oh I see. Actually I would take either.
  11. D

That is actually what I am looking for. I thought that thread was about them?
  12. D

Are those switches still to be had on ebay? Unfortunately I do not find them....
  13. D

Hello, I am upgrading my homeserver to a 3-node CEPH+Proxmox HA-VM Cluster. As 1GbE will probably be too slow for CEPH I am considering upgrading. 10GbE and 40GbE is not that big a price difference so I am thinking of going directly to 40GbE. I am situated in Europe. As my netorking...