Recent content by Debtor8100

1. D

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I actually asked the same question as @PnoT earlier today. Would it be possible to link some popular models and resources for 3D printing to the first post? I was not that versed in 3D printing and it took me a while to find the .stl for my specific card.
  2. D

Is anyone aware of 3D printed PCI-e cover for Mellanox Connect-X3 Single port version (CX311A‑XCAT)? I found one version for dual port version and Connect-X2 versions, but I am quite unfamiliar with 3D printing and where to look for. I would prefer a complete print, but print files will do too.
  3. D

So I kind of accidentally seem to have accumulated surplus gear for an upgraded router build. The purpose of the build is to upgrade from my 1Gb Aliexpress i3-6006U based router to 10Gb build. I have the following gear: - M720q with i5 8500T (ordered the PCI-e adapter card recommended in the...
  4. D

NEW! Topton 10Gb 2xSFP+ 4x2.5Gb i5-1240P

Okay, that seems peculiar. 1240P seems a bit underutilized with those clock speeds, N305 actually clocks higher than that. Might that be just something to do with reporting or power supply? The idle power consumption is a bit on the high side, but IMO still within reason. Pity, I thought this...
  5. D

Just to confirm: Is that 3,5Ghz max frequency with or without E-cores? How is Pfsense working with the E-cores? I'm sort of hesitant running these big.Little CPUs with FreeBSD based systems since the scheduler is not really ready for those yet. Does it show in some way while using the system...
  6. D

I'm also very interested in this exact model. Can you verify that there actually are bios options to disable E-cores? I'm planning on running OpnSense baremetal on this and have no use for E-cores before the scheduler has caught up with the architecture.
  7. D

H12SSL-I Stuck at "bmc initiating"

Ok I see, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part This was exactly my point here. A good comparison in my opinion should be phone screens. They are vulnerable, but rarely are there cases that it is unclear who is at fault when the screens are broken. This is because the screens actually can...
  8. D

That makes sense. I think my testing with the board is done, I'm done for the time being. I understand your point, but this is starting to be an edge case of viability of the design. I have broken a motherboard before, but I knew the moment it happened. Screwdriver slipped on the board and...
  9. D

If I just had this info before purchasing it might've swayed my opinion to some other board. This sounds horrible. Knowing this I shall treat the new board as if it were made of glass. Or actually something far more fragile. These sort of business practice wouldn't end well to Supermicro if it...
  10. D

Yeah I noticed the tiny scratch on the edge. I would say it's on the surface level and so far in the edge that it shouldn't kill the BMC. Motherboards have a little buffer area on the edge just for tiny impacts during install. If that really killed the board the design is beyond stupid. The...
  11. D

Here are some pictures, sorry for the quality. This is the best my phone can come up with, the distortions are quite massive. I was feeling brave at first so I just installed everything on the board (network card, HBA, SAS expander, ASUS 4x NVME card). Everything went smooth, I did not bump...
  12. D

This thread sound eerily familiar to my experiences yesterday. I ordered H12SSL-i and Epyc 7320P for my home server and could not get past BMC initializing part. I tried the basic diagnostics including: - Running without PCIe or USB devices - Running with only one RAM stick - Running without RAM...