Recent content by dbvader

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Are the switch and the tftp server supposed to be on different subnets (is the box running the tftp server multi-homed or is there an intermediate router)? Does it work if the switch and the host running the tftp server are in the same subnet?
  2. D

Hope your (presumably vlan unaware) switch clients are not hooked up to tagged ports. Perhaps run a traceroute from a client to 8.8.8.8 or some other internet IP address.
  3. D

Sort of what I meant, albeit for the wrong vlan (1000) which is clearly your opnsense <-> switch vlan. Your switch's default route seems to be pointing to itself (10.0.0.2) instead of the opnsense IP (10.0.0.1). ip default-network 10.0.0.2/32
  4. D

Do the clients connected to the switch have 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.2 as their (default) gateway? I believe it should be 10.0.0.2 with your config. If the gateway on the clients is 10.0.0.1 then I don't see how they would be able to reach that IP (without intermediate routing via 10.0.0.2)...
  5. D

Ok, apologies. I see I missed that in a previous posting. show running-config would probably reveal what's going on. I also hope clients(' IP addresses) are ending up in their expected subnet and not some other subnet that doesn't correspond with their vlan.
  6. D

Are clients getting 10.0.255.1 as their gateway address? If so, then I would not expect things to work. Each client would need to get the ve address of the vlan they're attached to as their gateway address (e.g. 10.0.1.5 for vlan 1) for routing to work.
  7. D

I really have no experience with proxmox or unraid. I'm guessing you always had copper working and then added a nic with an SFP+ port? I would check whether there's a firewall running on the servers which is blocking traffic, especially if the nic with SFP was added later on. Seems like the...
  8. D

Still not working? If so, I would move to the connected server to see what it's reporting. I still can imagine its SFP nic is in some kind of zone that's firewalling its connection to the 6450. What kind of server (linux, windows, vms, etc.)?
  9. D

And should 1/2/3 be a stack port if it's connected to one of the servers?
  10. D

Not sure if the MTU (10200) may be contributing to the issue. Would want to compare that to the MTU on the working copper connection. I would just set it to 1500, at least for diagnostic purposes. Also, if the server is working on its copper connection, the SFP nic may be in a different...
  11. D

Configs are useful, yes. At the very least: show interfaces ethernet 1/2/3 and the same for 1/2/4 could be revealing.
  12. D

Are the servers reporting a link-level connection? I assume the switches have a static IP address configured? Is there a DHCP server running, or else, do the servers work if you manually configure their IP address?
  13. D

First of all, thanks to @fohdeesha and other contributors for their time and effort. Currently running a 6450 24P with POE access points and now have good wifi coverage around the house. Also dove into L3 switching which allowed me to keep the access points as dumb as possible while having the...
  14. D

Feels like it's the switch and not the cable or host. Can you perform a factory reset?
  15. D

Not familiar with that particular cable but one review (from Japan) states it only worked after installing the driver. If on Windows 11 there seems to be some confusion as to which (PL2303) driver to install. The pin layout otherwise seems to be the same as an ebay cable I'm successfully using...