Recent content by Dawson

1. D

PCIE-SSD for DL360p

Hello I don't agree that consumer SSD's will not work. It might not be very smart in many situations, but it can work. I have a DL380 with a Crucial MX ct500 here which has been working fine for at least 9 months I also have a enterprise Samsung (cheaper than HP branded ) SM863a on...
  2. D

Windows 2012 product key use in virtual machine

Hello It's important not to mix up licences with product keys. If you use Volume licence you might have many standard licences but then use the same product key for all physical and virtual machines you are have licenses for. If you have a standard edition licence of Server 2012 r2 you can...
  3. D

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

Hi, are you saying that there is only 1 Brocade 1020 card, and the 1020-1010 and 1020-0010 versions are just bundled SKU's ? regards
  4. D

Dual NICs on PCIE x1 slot recommendation

Does 4 months could as necromancy ? spatulator might not have committed to getting a realtek card yet, and now it is very clear that a dual port unit will work without bandwidth issues.
  5. D

Thanks Lost-Benji, I see my error now. For quads then, something like a modded NC375T from HP or a ethernet i340 server adapter would fit the bill, with is PCIE 2.0 compatible.
  6. D

I too am looking at doing this mod. The throughput of a PCIE v1 with a 1x slot is 250 MB/s per direction and is full duplex. Gigabit's max being 125MB/s allows both ports to send at full speed, exactly reaching the 250MB/s PCIE cap. PCIE like gigabit is full duplex, so the other direction can...