Recent content by DavidVermillion

1. D

I guess...this is a "great deal". Only $5M. Any takers? :)

How lazy. They don't even bother to list what they actually have, they just copy and pasted a dell invoice from the order and slapped it on eBay. Something tells me this won't sell.
  2. D

FYI Best Buy Business Accounts NO Discounts

Not a deal. This junk is clogging up my RSS.
  3. D

MikroTik CSS326-24G-2S+RM Mini Review Cheap 24x 1GbE 2x 10GbE

Use it to connect a 10gb workstation that's far away and also add 24 1gb ports over a single fiber line, so you don't have to run a fiber cable AND a cat5 cable. That's what I'm using it for. I got this switch the week it came out and discovered later that IPv6 wouldn't work correctly over it...
  4. D

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

Please learn to read between the marketing BS. Corral being "re-based" means they're just rewriting everything all over again. Notice they don't commit to any of the features Corral has (had) but say they'll look into it.
  5. D

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

I've seen this happen many times before. I give it 6 months before all the devs have quit and the project is dead. Anytime there's a failure of leadership this badly, it generally means the inside is rotten to the core.
  6. D

Sophos Home is outright DANGEROUS

This is correct. I use PFSense for my firewall, but I've heard good things about the UTM. This is about the antivirus software. Sophos Home
  7. D

How can I recover false positive Threads? - Sophos Home General - Sophos Home - Sophos Community See the answer from their support person.
  8. D

Not sure about snapshots, but as soon as I accessed my file level backups, it killed the files from them. Luckily there's an offline backup I have, but I'm not plugging it in until I remove Sophos.
  9. D

So I was attracted to Sophos Home. It offered free AV that got rave reviews as far as detection as well as central web management. What's not to love? If this program finds a false positive (like when I was going through my backups) it simply DELETES THE FILE with NO WAY TO RECOVER. There's no...
  10. D

New SMB 10gbps Switches from Cisco

Except the UBNT was 300 bucks and the Cisco is 2 THOUSAND DOLLARS. I can live with having to buy some cheap SFP+ transceivers and some fiber for that difference. :)
  11. D

Zoneminder for IP Camera Control?

Yeah, ZoneMinder is years behind. I have BlueIris and it's been solid and stable.
  12. D

12 sfp+ + 4 10gbe rj45 - Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 16xg

Bought the "controller managed" version, using it to join all my fiber runs together. Haven't had any issues with SFP+ compatibility, but I'm not using any DACs. Support has no idea how it works or what to do with it, so be prepared to figure it out yourself. On the plus side, there's very...
  13. D

Used HP - Intel DC S3610 800GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BX800G4P) SSD $225 OBO

Seller let my offer (which was not a lowball offer) expire rather than reject or counter offer. With the no returns, maybe not the best seller.