Recent content by Dave Burton

1. D

Using an actual VT100 terminal with a Dell server

Yes, with a loopback connection (wire between Tx and Rx) it echoes typed characters to the screen.
  2. D

Thanks, Nabla. I've set the VT100 Tx & Rx speeds, and also the R640 "Failsafe Baud Rate," to 9600. The VT100 was already set to 8 data bits and no parity. Number of stop bits is not configurable, but my vague memory is that it was only at 110 baud that 2 stop bits were commonly used, so the...
  3. D

Yes, salvert. It appears that all the R640's configuration features, including BIOS, should be accessible via a serial console connection. With some of the "console redirection" settings I tried, I could see text-only menus on the attached KVM crash cart screen, like these...
  4. D

I have an original, 41yo DEC VT100 terminal. I noticed that Dell R630 & R640 servers have 9-pin serial ports, and from the documentation it seems that the serial port can be used for server console access (BIOS etc.), and it can be configured for VT100/VT220 emulation. So, I thought, wouldn't it...
  5. D

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

I think the Dell PERC H330 needs to be added to this list. This document https://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/Dell-PowerEdge-RAID-Controller-H330.pdf says "SAS controller: LSI SAS3008"