Recent content by DaTruAndi

1. D

Best data rescue tool (single NTFS NVMe drive) in 2023?

Hey friends, have a suddenly acting up SSD with NTFS as the file system. What's the best way in 2023 to try to recover data? In the past I had best results with the free "testdisk". https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk Is there something better today? Or more user friendly alternatives...
  2. D

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Would love a pair of 96 core monsters. Not sure what's the lowest is that the sellers would accept currently though. I tried with what I would be willing to pay but my offers were rejected :) Other than that I have been scouring the web if anybody actually had positive results on Milan OC but...
  3. D

No I have not yet. That said interesting that in Cinebench I had sudden improvements. Maybe because I found the "Power" setting in the BIOS? I was also setting some of the other in the AMD CBS (package power limit and power draw related). Either way, I went from around 75k Cinebench to about...
  4. D

Measured how? I have a thermal imager, but the board has a heatsink on the VRMs. But no luck with any OC so far still :)
  5. D

I tried this GitHub - SKlayer/EPYC-Overclock Which supposedly has a Milan release also the OS and monitoring tools at least report a changed clock speed but if it is actually honored by the cores is a different question. Wonder if there is a tool that can monitor CPU throttling better?
  6. D

Still messing with the performance of EPYC 7763 ES - 100-000000314-04, went through a lot of permutation of BIOS settings and settings in the OC Windows tool. Seen all sorts of supposed power draws and clock speeds, yet performance at best was CineBench performance bare metal Windows 11 was...
  7. D

EDIT: I found it "Determism Control - Manual" enables "Determinism Slider - Auto/Power/Performance" Some random links that help me to read up on a few things: https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/high-performance-computing-tuning-guide-amd-epyc7003-series-processors.pdf...
  8. D

So something is definitely weird about my overclocking attempts. e.g. I set the "All-Core Freq." to 3.50 GHz and in Core Temp and in CPU-Z it displays as the current Freq and Temp too. CPU utilization is 100% on all cores, but yet I get only half of or less of the "stock" performance. Windows...
  9. D

Have to check my BIOS settings, have not seen this yet. As for the clock speed: I have not seen any tool touching the base-clock though. RAM: Yes, 16 x 64GB Don’t see a “power mode”. I only can do normal operation, or OC with some settings including changing the base clock speed up from...
  10. D

They are 1.6 stock low to 2.6 high I think. I would already be happy to get to the retail levels of performance. Maybe just a matter of the right settings? The tool I am using does not have multipliers listed but target all-core freq. It offers All-Core Freq - with "Lock Freq" checkbox CPU Volt...
  11. D

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I have the ROME2D16-2T - which seems very similar to your board, but run dual EPYC Milan 7763 ES ... just entering this modding and OC journey. I tried GitHub - SKlayer/EPYC-Overclock this tool so far. With mixed results. What are you using that works for you? Did you find out if the BIOS can be...
  12. D

I am late to the party, trying to overclock Dual Epyc Milan 7763 ES on ASRock Rack ROME2D16-2T and tried working with this version of the tool GitHub - SKlayer/EPYC-Overclock will want to switch to Linux possibly later (Proxmox) but right now learning and tinkering with Win11 The behavior of...
  13. D

Monoblock for H11DSi/H11DSi-NT

I completely get it. Many years ago I tried to combine a hobby/enthusiast work with a business, but it would have never been viable in the end. Too many headaches. I probably will end up with a pair of regular SP3/Threadripper Pro type waterblocks and figure out the VRM cooling myself. Wonder if...
  14. D

Monoblock for H11DSi/H11DSi-NT

What an awesome thread. I have been trying to find if there is something similar for H12DSi-NT6, for Gigabyte's MZ72-HB0, or for AsRock Rack ROME2D16-2T but did not even know what to look for, my google skills seem to be lacking still. Where would you find mono-blocks for such boards in the...
  15. D

Any chance to get Broadcom NetXtreme E-Series (BCM57416) to work under Windows 11?

Did you have to install drivers manually? A specific executable or .inf? Or Windows update? Or modify anything?