Recent content by Datamonkeh

1. D

Lack of CSE 846 chasis

In a 836 or 846, 100%. Not quite that simple with only 2U in an 847, that’s where the 9305 is useful, the 3008 based stuff works, but only 8i rather than 16/24i.
  2. D

Lack of CSE 846 chasis

I gave up on a cheap 846 and went with an off brand 847 as SM OEM for a lot of other brands and you can still get some bargains - I grabbed an OEM 847 with SAS2 backplanes (EL1) for the equivalent of $240 USD. OK I chose to upgrade from Gold to Platinum SQ PSU’s so that’s more like 300 USD all...
  3. D

Help flashing Fujitsu D3307-A12 to IT mode

Appreciate the reply - I was going to do exactly that before I read it. Guessing you've saved the existing SBR dump to re-write? I'm thinking ordering a programmer may be a long overdue investment, but when I went to have a look for one - ideally domestically - I stumbled across a Supermicro...
  4. D

Help flashing Fujitsu D3307-A12 to IT mode

Did you get any further forward with this? I'm literally just putting my USB together to do my first D3307-A12 GS2, previously the 2xxx series were sufficient, but a new chassis means 24 drives hit the cap a PCIe 2 bus rather than the controller - got to love the 20% overhead. Finding a recent...
  5. D

EU ADi-SA2X-BE (HP T730 equivalent) £55.99

Briefly, Netgate hired Matt 'Kip' Macy, either they did no background checking, or decided to ignore his felony convictions for theft, burglary, stalking and bail jumping that reportedly cost his mother $500K. You have to wonder why Netgate and Matt refused to engage with Jason and chose to...
  6. D

It'll run pfsense (though after this weeks drama I would suggest you may want to reconsider and suggest OPNSense as an alternative).
  7. D

AllI can say is seller came down to £45 at one point.
  8. D

Skepticism is healthy, but it feels like you're taking it further than seems reasonable based on available information - you may still be right though. Listing clearly states working/soak tested, pics look clean, you're covered by eBay Buyer Protection, not sure where your caddy point came...
  9. D

Would be interested in if the NIC's are Intel or Realtek based - either way it should be a decent contender for *sense (without he later Realtek driver fix) or Untangle etc. From a similar deals here (same SoC, different board/PSU) it looks like 25w idle and the x1 and x16 PCIe gives 10Gb...
  10. D

EU 45,- Xeon E5-2618L V3 2.3-3.4Ghz 75W CPU

For that kind of money you're normally looking at 2630/2640 V3's with higher TDP's. It outperforms the 5820K and is only slightly under the 6800k but 75w TDP rather than the 140w of the i7's. It's not officially listed as supported on my board, but google suggests that's an oversight as people...