Recent content by datahoarder87

1. D

HGST 4U60 + janky power setup, thoughts?

Did you try any 2TB HDDs in yours? I have a knack at making simple things, very complicated, hah... :( Also I'm not too trusting of these products just because they are on Amazon. That doesn't mean that they are good or even sold by the company that makes them. It can be a shady reseller...
  2. D

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check that out now. I did already read the one thread from a year or so ago, when these went on sale for dirt cheap, but most there direct wired the 240V.
  3. D

Update: Brushed off some dust on my brain and made sense of the V x A = W. So since I was looking at transformers that only plug into one breaker then they cant magically change 120V into 240V, the amps get halved, so still 1920W. There was one transformer that I didn't link, but it requires...
  4. D

Good evening Gents and sorry about this wall of text for only a few questions (links in bold), but I also wanted to share my path + research up to this point + janky stuff. I needed to expand upon my current Norco 4220 20bay, so I considered just sas expanding from a Norco 4224 24bay, Chenbro...